cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making sure this Nokia phone will work on PM?

mabmarkus
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there, I need a new phone and have decided on the Nokia 5 as is the perfect size for my hand and I love the design of it. Wanted to make sure it will work with Public Mobile 😎

Here's the phone's link https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0753QY397/ref=twister_B0758JR676?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

I'm sure it does I just wanted to triple check here!

Cheers!

4 REPLIES 4

mabmarkus

Just got excited when I saw a Nokia Android!

Thanks for the info.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mabmarkus yes, the 6 has the same network support as the 5. Neither was intended for sale in the North American market. Try to stick to models that are intended for sale here. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mabmarkus

Wow, that's great info. Thanks! It's a shame though as I am a bit of a power user and the LTE.

Will I have similar luck in the Nokia 6?

Cheers

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mabmarkus yes, with a caveat.  That model supports 850MHz and 1900MHz 3G UMTS, so you'll be fine for calls, texts, and HSPA+ (3G) data.  For faster LTE data, it is missing the primary LTE band used by PM (and Koodo, Telus, Bell, Virgin, Rogers, Fido) which is band 4. It does have band 5 and 7 which may get you an LTE signal in some parts of the country, but band 4 is the core LTE band you would want in a phone.  If you're okay with not gettng the fastest possible data, then this phone will be fine.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.