cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

MOTOROLA FLIPOUT - MB511 2010 ANDROID DEVICE COMPATIBILITY

Hi, I was just wondering if a MOTOROLA FLIPOUT - MB511 android phone from 2010 can still be used to access the PUBLIC MOBILE phone and data services. I had inserted my PUBLIC MOBILE SIM into the device earlier today, entered the correct APN variables into their respective text fields but had not been able to see it working. As far as I can recall, the device has already been unlocked.
    - Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Re: MOTOROLA FLIPOUT - MB511 2010 ANDROID DEVICE COMPATIBILITY

There's no LTE but it looks like there's a chance it might work for talk/text and 3G data. Set the network to UMTS or 3G or HSDPA. Not just GSM.

But that's quite the antique now.

Highlighted

@z10user4 There is an option in the device settings to change preference to 3G which I'd just done, but the network still has got the "red interdictory circle" indication on it while showing no signal.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@C-LCM wrote:

@z10user4 There is an option in the device settings to change preference to 3G which I'd just done, but the network still has got the "red interdictory circle" indication on it while showing no signal.

So first of all...does the SIM and account work in any other phone?

Did you restart after that? Maybe try a manual network scan and see if it sees this place.

Highlighted

@z10user4 Yes, it had worked on a Sony phone that I had also been using with PUBLIC. I'm only able to manually shut the phone off and power it back on for the Motorola. I had done so just now but the network still hasn't connected.

Highlighted

@z10user4 manual network scan results with it bringing me back to the "Operator selection" and "Available Networks" panel. Doesn't show with anything listed.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

Have you tried to make a call? Or send a text? Put aside data for now.

Highlighted

@z10user4 Yes, I had tried calling my home landline number but it returned with "Not registered on the network".

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@C-LCM wrote:

@z10user4 Yes, I had tried calling my home landline number but it returned with "Not registered on the network".

Will any other SIM work in there?

hmm What're the chances it's locked to a previous or original provider?

Highlighted

@z10user4 Yes, I had previously used the phone with FIDO before I came to PUBLIC but there had been issues with the device even then.

Need Help? Let's chat.