cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

MOTO G6 compatibility

Before pulling the trigger on a MOTO G6 I'd like some assurance that it will work fully with PM's bands. According to this: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/motorola-moto-g6 it will not, but according to these specs: https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g6-9000.php#usa it will.

I'm confused, and would love for someone to shed some light on the subject.

Thanks in advance!!!

AL

Highlighted
Oracle

Re: MOTO G6 compatibility

@alcolmx, the more G will work on the Public Mobile network.  The key is to look for band 4 lte.  If you see that, it is compatible for use in Canada.

Highlighted
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

does it work?  I don't know how to find the "band 4 LTE"  (not my phone)

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dianetYou need to find the submodel of the Motorola.. it usually start with the prefix XT- once you get it.. you can google it up to see if it has band 4. Or if you want to avoid the rigmarole.. just get your friend to go to any mobile phone reseller I am sure they have a lot of Telus SIM card lying around.

Highlighted

it is xt1922-9

Highlighted

and he is already on telus.  want to move to public moblie because it is way cheaper

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

If it is like the one on sale on Amazon.ca (link here) it will work just fine.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dianetHe should be fine.. however do make sure he will have to adjust his customer service expectations.. moving from Telus to Public Mobile.. it is like moving from Business Class to charter air.

Highlighted
Mayor / Maire

@dianet wrote:

and he is already on telus.  want to move to public moblie because it is way cheaper

@dianet  Telus and Public Mobile use the same network so it will work with  PM guaranteed. No need for further checking. 👍

Highlighted

he doesnt have data as it is so anything above nothing is good 😉

and we are going with 3g so he will be ok.

thanks