cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MOTO G6 compatibility

alcolmx
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Before pulling the trigger on a MOTO G6 I'd like some assurance that it will work fully with PM's bands. According to this: https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en/apn/public-mobile/motorola-moto-g6 it will not, but according to these specs: https://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_moto_g6-9000.php#usa it will.

I'm confused, and would love for someone to shed some light on the subject.

Thanks in advance!!!

AL

19 REPLIES 19

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@GinYVR wrote:

@Anonymous  More like pilot will only drop in Kurt Russell style when there is an inflight emergency.

@GinYVR  ... several days after the plane crashes into a mountain [EDIT: to continue the analogy!]

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@stonechuckerContact the Moderators is not always the first step, yet contact links and hours of support are cut and paste often taking up useless screen space in a service where it seems most people are on mobile. Granted Lithium does have the analytics to weigh cut and paste parroting, I highly doubt Telus takes advantages of that.

@stonechuckerIs being accurate bashing? The OP is moving from Telus to Public Mobile for price alone and obviously expecting the same level of service and support even before getting started, won't it be accurate to point out the difference in support tiers? This is a technical support forum not an emotional support forum where we coddle people, if people want to be coddled and handheld, they have to pay more.. just like what Telus wants.

@Anonymous the constant link to moderator_team answers are not the first step.

In the community, get the questions started, and realize that the community is the first line of customer support. The moderators are not always the correct place to fix the issue.  The vast knowledge of community members can resolve these issues quicker than waiting for a moderator to look at the issue.

Subscribers who can show screenshots of overview, plan details and payment histories can get usable information explained, and resolve or understand what has happened, and then know what they need the moderator's to resolve *if* it gets that far.

If we can stop the useless first wae of contact the moderators, we can get users up and running quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@stonechucker wrote:

@GinYVR, seriously, why do you continue to flame Public Mobile and it's services compared to Telus?  It's the same network.  Other than not having access to frills like VoIP, VoWiFi, and access to visual voicemail, it's pretty much the same service, and for those who wish to save a few bucks, a great little carrier.

I continue to see you bash Public Mobile, and wonder why you continue to be here if you're unhappy.  I'm a 3-year customer, who had very few issues getting started.  This is by far the best carrier I've been with, and the most wallet-friendly I've ever seen.

Yup. Me too. Works great. Only a year. 3 activations - 0 problems.

I think in this most recent case he is just lowering expectations of support. There are no operators standing by at a 24/7 call centre. Then what with the non-stop parade of problems we've been seeing here for the last several months...the delays.

But to him...we always have to remember that there are still many hundreds of thousands of customers who are happily going along not thinking about their cell phone service. It just works.

denis2
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Me and my wife both have a Moto G6 and they work great with Public MobileSmiley Happy

@GinYVR, seriously, why do you continue to flame Public Mobile and it's services compared to Telus?  It's the same network.  Other than not having access to frills like VoIP, VoWiFi, and access to visual voicemail, it's pretty much the same service, and for those who wish to save a few bucks, a great little carrier.

I continue to see you bash Public Mobile, and wonder why you continue to be here if you're unhappy.  I'm a 3-year customer, who had very few issues getting started.  This is by far the best carrier I've been with, and the most wallet-friendly I've ever seen.

dianet
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

works like a charm.  just wish they would have his phone on the list to save me the hassle.

thank you

@Anonymous  More like pilot will only drop in Kurt Russell style when there is an inflight emergency.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@GinYVR wrote:

@dianetHe should be fine.. however do make sure he will have to adjust his customer service expectations.. moving from Telus to Public Mobile.. it is like moving from Business Class to charter air.

...without a pilot. 🙂

dianet

he doesnt have data as it is so anything above nothing is good 😉

and we are going with 3g so he will be ok.

thanks

@dianet wrote:

and he is already on telus.  want to move to public moblie because it is way cheaper

@dianet  Telus and Public Mobile use the same network so it will work with  PM guaranteed. No need for further checking. 👍

@dianetHe should be fine.. however do make sure he will have to adjust his customer service expectations.. moving from Telus to Public Mobile.. it is like moving from Business Class to charter air.

If it is like the one on sale on Amazon.ca (link here) it will work just fine.

dianet

and he is already on telus.  want to move to public moblie because it is way cheaper

dianet

it is xt1922-9

@dianetYou need to find the submodel of the Motorola.. it usually start with the prefix XT- once you get it.. you can google it up to see if it has band 4. Or if you want to avoid the rigmarole.. just get your friend to go to any mobile phone reseller I am sure they have a lot of Telus SIM card lying around.

dianet

does it work?  I don't know how to find the "band 4 LTE"  (not my phone)

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@alcolmx, the more G will work on the Public Mobile network.  The key is to look for band 4 lte.  If you see that, it is compatible for use in Canada.

Need Help? Let's chat.