cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS issues

Donrista
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My two phones will not allow MMS to work. Can't open pictures sent in text messages. One phone is a month old and it has never worked but my other phone which is 6 months old did have it working last week. Hopefully it can be fixed asap

33 REPLIES 33

@Donrista wrote:

Screenshot_20210609-232905374.png

I see there was also an extra space between the comma and the uppercase "MMS" - it's also possible that in the process of editing, the space was removed and may have also contributed to restoring service.

Just a thought, good to hear you got it working with some tweaking!

@Anonymous wrote:

@computergeek541 : Well...toot toot (my horn) I wrote out the APN settings after the first set of images from the OP. Just sayin' 🙂

Yes, you did. I was only speaking/typing about the screenshot on the previous page. It looks like the error occurred when the settings that you had provided were entered by the OP.

@Donrista 

The community is a great resource.They can solve almost every issue without the need to contact the moderators....who we need to fix issues that can only be done by accessing our self serve accounts.

FYI....to tag another member just tap the "@" key and a box will pop up with members names that have been replying to your original post/thread. If you don't see the name keep typing it out til it pops up and tap it to autofill the tag.

Welcome to public mobile and the community!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@computergeek541 : Well...toot toot (my horn) I wrote out the APN settings after the first set of images from the OP. Just sayin' 🙂

@Donrista wrote:

Yeah !!!!!   My MMS is finally working because of technical help. Tomorrow I'll see if my data works when I run to the store. Thank you much. Much appreciated.

It's good to hear that you got it working.  I can actually see that you're replying to my message about getting rid of the space after the comma and changing "MMS" to "mms", but others won't know that, so if at all possible, please try to use the quote feature, or tag the person you're speaking to so that others can be able to follow the conversation a little more easily.  @Dunkman 's suggestion probably would have also worked as long as you noticed the absence of spaces and "mms" being in lower case.   I'm almost certain that your mobile data will work now, but you don't have to necessarily wait until you go to the store to test it. You could temporarily turn off Wi-Fi and then check if  your internet still works. Remember to turn your Wi-Fi back on after though.

Donrista

Yeah !!!!!   My MMS is finally working because of technical help. Tomorrow I'll see if my data works when I run to the store. Thank you much. Much appreciated.

Donrista

Ok thanks 😊

@Donrista wrote:

I did a screenshot. I did try to reset to factory default but nothing. Did you get the screenshot ?

Please see my response immediately above. There are errors in the APN type field.  I hope that you did not do a factory reset after taking the that screenshot.  Based on your screenshot, I can tell that you had manually entered the settings. You'll have to do it from scratch again if you did the factory reset after entering those settings.

Donrista

I did a screenshot. I did try to reset to factory default but nothing. Did you get the screenshot ?

@Donrista wrote:

Please change MMS to mms (small case letters). I've never seen it work if someone types it in as all caps.  Also, there should never be a space betfore or after the comma for different APN types (you have a space afer the first comma). That might be causing your plan's mobile data to fail as well.

@Donrista 

Maybe try the following:

APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri

Donrista

@Donrista wrote:

Thanks I appreciate all your help. Almost ready to chuck it at the wall. Extremely frustrating as you can imagine. I will try the different sim card and see what happens. I saw a post that I could check my phone's compatibility on Public Mobile. Can't find it now. I get sent slot of pictures of my granddaughters and can't view them.

@Donrista 

Your phone is compatible with Public mobile.  

https://www.umidigi.com/page-umidigi_a9_specification.html

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).  band 12, band 5, band 2, band 1, band 4
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).   B2, B5

3G = 850 (5), 1900 (2)

4G = 850 (5), 1900 (2), 700 (12/13/17/29), 1700/2100 (4), 2600 (7), 1700/2100 (66)

Just need to figure out a way to get your data working.  Then MMS messaging should also work.  

Screenshot the actual APN Settings would be helpful. Sometimes a small typo makes a big difference in APN settings.

Did  you try a network reset on the phone? 

@Donrista wrote:

Thanks I appreciate all your help. Almost ready to chuck it at the wall. Extremely frustrating as you can imagine. I will try the different sim card and see what happens. I saw a post that I could check my phone's compatibility on Public Mobile. Can't find it now. I get sent slot of pictures of my granddaughters and can't view them.

Compatiability isn't the issue here. If your phone model listed within Public Mobile's compatibility website, it will be shown as compatible. We also know this to be true because calls and text messages are already working for you.  The same network that calls go through is fully capable of providing data services (including MMS).

Donrista

Ok I'll give that a try. Thanks. 

Donrista

Look like your issue is not just MMS issue but also unable to get data...

UMIDIGI phones seems to have different issues with APN settings.

I googled it a bit, found various way to set the APN settings on the different models of UMIDIGI phone, not sure if that works on yours

1. there was an issue able unable to update APN.  I am not sure if you updated your APN, reboot, do the settings stay? 

The workaround is to use a SIM from another provider.  Make the update, and power down the phone,  put PM SIM back and power it back up

2. another solution to correct no data issue is to remove the Proxy setting   

not sure if they will work, but just to share what I found.

BlueB
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@cellphoneuser1 

Very true... I thought of that too, but somehow forgot in the 10 seconds it took to hit Reply.  Thanks for correcting that.  🙂

@BlueB wrote:

@Donrista 

That's quite strange... you double checked you didn't run out of data, correct?  Have you tried your SIM card in another phone to see if data/MMS works? 

Failing that, I'd try contacting a Moderator to look into your account, best to open a Ticket through the SIMon chatbot (chat bubble, lower-right corner) or you can start messaging them here.  It's possible something happened to your account.

It's fine if data ran out. MMS would still work.

BlueB

@Donrista 

That's quite strange... you double checked you didn't run out of data, correct?  Have you tried your SIM card in another phone to see if data/MMS works? 

Failing that, I'd try contacting a Moderator to look into your account, best to open a Ticket through the SIMon chatbot (chat bubble, lower-right corner) or you can start messaging them here.  It's possible something happened to your account.

@Donrista wrote:

On WiFi at home everything works except MMS. Out  I only have talk and text. 

MMS doesn't go through WiFi. It has to go through mobile data.  You don't need need data on your account to use it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Donrista : Ok. Try

MMS proxy = 74.49.0.18

MMS port = 80

MVNO value = 4D4F

And yes make sure to toggle mobile data on on the phone. Seems obvious but some forget so gotta say it.

And of course select it to make it the active APN.

And failing all that then post updated screenshots of all those details.

Donrista

On WiFi at home everything works except MMS. Out  I only have talk and text. 

Donrista

It's on but it hasn't been working for the past week either. Just talk and text works when I leave the house. I have data on my account. 

BlueB

@Donrista 

Would you by chance have Mobile Data turned off?  Do any other apps work for data (eg. web browser)?

Donrista

I changed all the list in the APN and saved it. Then restarted my phone and it still won't send or open pictures in text messages. My phone is UMIDIGI a9.

Bought it from Amazon because of high reviews. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Donrista : First off...you need a Public Mobile one. Click that + in the upper right to add one. This is what I have. There are variations if some of these don't work.

APN = sp.mb.com

MMSC = http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMS proxy = mmscproxy.mobility.ca

MMS port = 8799

MCC = 302

MNC = 220

APN type = default,mms,supl

APN protocol = IPv4

APN roaming protocol = IPv4

Mobile virtual network operator type = GID

Mobile virtual network operator value = 4D

Donrista

Screenshot_20210609-194135373.png

Screenshot_20210609-194135373.png

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Donrista wrote:

My two phones will not allow MMS to work. Can't open pictures sent in text messages. One phone is a month old and it has never worked but my other phone which is 6 months old did have it working last week. Hopefully it can be fixed asap

@Donrista 

Ensure your MMS is enabled.

Ensure your Data option is turned on when you want to send or receive the MMS.

Ensure your devices' software is up to date.

Do a RESET of your Network Settings on each phone.

Donrista

Thanks for your suggestions. I'll try it.

Need Help? Let's chat.