cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS and Flip Phone

fergus8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Does anyone know if this plan allows MMS on a Flip_phone?

• This plan includes: -
  • - 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed
  • - Unlimited International Text

• The phone can send SMS, and will allow me to compose an MMS, however when 'Sending', it pops up a "Requested Service Option Not Subscribed" error.
  • I looked at the settings on the phone (it lists the TELUS net), but as to the actual settings, 'Port', etc I don't understand although I assume they were written to the settings by the SIM card when it was activated.
  • The phone is a Jethro SC330 V3 model and the instructions are as expected, sketchy, with no actual examples of network settings to refer to.
5 REPLIES 5

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@fergus8  Edit the Telus APN setting and change sp.telus.com to sp.mb.com

Save the change and test it.

fergus8
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Gishan gave me the correct settings and thank you for your prompt response

@fergus8 here's a link to your user manual.https://fccid.io/2AAWJSC330/Users-Manual/User-Manual-3209186 page 46 has the way to get into your APN.  Could you post us a screenshot of your current apn settings, so that we can look at it. Thanks.Stay safe. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@fergus8 

All plans are able to send/receive MMS. Cell data needs to be on (or automatically on/off) as with any provider.

So it's about the phone. It seems your phone can use MMS. So it's about the APN settings. Yes all those technical details need to match for here.

Someone will be by with the reference soon enough. Or google "gishan canada" and find  Public Mobile and find your phone.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@fergus8 data must be enabled on your phone when sending an mms message. It doesn't use any of your plan data.  Stay safe. 

Need Help? Let's chat.