cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS and Data is not working

pharaohpeter
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have a Nokia 3310 3G. When I used my Fizz SIM card, I was able to access the internet on my phone.

Now that I am with Public Mobile, I can't access my internet, nor receive any MMS.

Anyone know why this is happening? I did not change any of my phone settings between the switch from Fizz to Public.

11 REPLIES 11

pharaohpeter

@gblackma 

My data and MMS were already working with my own solution,but these settings that you provided actually improved the speed of my MMS delivery!! Thanks 🙂

The only thing I changed from my own settings were the DNS from 74.49.0.18 to 0.0.0.0; everything else was the same, except for the access point names. I changed the names to Public Mobile and Public Mobile MMS. Like that it's easier to differentiate between the two.

Thanks for your help!! 🙂

@Naepalm   Now you have me curious......

@darlicious I went into a rabbit hole last night courtesy of pharaoh and shawnc post and started reading a bunch of stonechuckers responses. I havent seen him around but he sounded like a pretty to the point hilarious guy. LOL

@pharaohpeter 

Nice detective work Sherlock. Welcome to full service public mobile!

@ShawnC13

Sounds like a self solution courtesy of retired oracle @stonechucker playing the role of Dr.Watson.

pharaohpeter

@geopublicAs I said before, that set up is unfortunately incorrect. It only shows the dual sim version of the phone. I have the single sim version. Thus the set up is different and much of the information does not correspond to my phone's menus.

I resolved this issue myself by finding another forum post that had the exact correct settings I needed, which I posted in an earlier comment of mine.

Thanks for taking the time to help me though! 🙂

Another PMer posted this in back in 2018.

APN Configuration for the Nokia 3310 3G

1. On the menu screen, find and select / click on the Settings icon. It looks like a cog.
  2. Select Connectivity
  3. Select Access points. On this screen you may see two items listed: Telus and Telus MMS. Ignore them, and don’t modify. We’re going to create two new access points.
  4. Click the hamburger icon (three horizontal lines) using the button below it on the phone.
  5. Select New Access Point, and set the Name to Public Mobile 2. This one will enable internet access.
  6. Set Access point to sb.mb.com
  7. Set Port to 0
  8. Set Network type to HTTP
  9. Set IP type to IPv4
  10. Leave all other settings set to (empty)
  11. Finally, save this access point by clicking the button below the icon that looks like a floppy disk (remember those?)
  12. Next create another new access point. This one will be for enabling MMS. Name it also Public Mobile 2.
  13. Set Access point to sp.mb.com
  14. Set Gateway to 74.49.0.18
  15. Set Port to 80
  16. Set Set home page to http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc 
  17. Set DNS address to 0.0.0.0
  18. Set Network type to HTTP 
  19. Set IP type to IPv4
  20. Again leave any other settings not mentioned set to (empty)
  21. Save and now we’re done with access points
  22. Pop back up to the previous menu by clicking the button below the back arrow icon.
  23. Select Network settings, and ensure that Mobile data option is switched on
  24. Pop back up 2 screens to Settings
  25. Then go to System => Messages => MMS => SIM access point
  26. Select / tick access point Public Mobile 2
  27. Power cycle the phone.
  28. And you’re done. Test you MMS and internet connectivity.

Enjoy your Nokia 3310 3G! 

@pharaohpeter glad to hear you found your answer.  That is the same page I sent you to you just needed to find your phone through the manufacturer list and you would have been on the same page.  

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pharaohpeter  MMS needs data to be working so once you get data working it will resolve both issues.

To fix your data you need to set up the correct APN settings.

Detail instructions on how to do this can be found here:

pharaohpeter

@ShawnC13 

Your link helped a bit, but the information provided inside the site was not 100% correct.

I went down the rabbit hole, and this other post in the community was the one that helped me the most.

Thank you for your help though.

@fdrcamb519Those settings are not for my phone, unfortunately.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pharaohpeter 

@pharaohpeter wrote:

I have a Nokia 3310 3G. When I used my Fizz SIM card, I was able to access the internet on my phone.

Now that I am with Public Mobile, I can't access my internet, nor receive any MMS.

Anyone know why this is happening? I did not change any of my phone settings between the switch from Fizz to Public.

APN Settings

Name: Public Mobile

APN: sp.mb.com

Proxy: Leave blank

Port: Leave blank

Username: Leave blank

Password: Leave blank

Server: Leave blank

MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc

MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18

MMS port: 80

MCC: 302

MNC: 220

Authentication type: Leave blank

APN type: default,supl,mms,DUN

APN protocol: IPv4

APN roaming protocol: IPv4

Bearer: Unspecified

MVNO type: GID

MVNO value: 4D4F

Here is detailed APN settings for PM

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@pharaohpeter wrote:

You will need to set your APN settings for Public Mobile.  Here is a great site that will give you the settings required and how to change them on your phone.  https://apn-canada.gishan.net/en

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Need Help? Let's chat.