cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MMS Picture Texts Not Downloading

DaVibe
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Used phone from an American network  (Sprint).  I still have that start up screen.

I've changed the APN settings and thought I did a factory reset once already, but I am still not getting picture messages!

Anything the go-to for getting back MMS messages?

14 REPLIES 14

Nicolexen
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi! 

Did you ever figure out how to open mms?  I have the same issue with my Samsung galaxy s7

(old Sprint phone)

Thanks for letting me know!

DaVibe

@Anonymous wrote:

@DaVibe wrote:

I'm thinking there has to be another setting SOMEWHERE that isn't changed to PM, because the APN settings alone have not allowed me to accept picture messages.

Regular messages are fine.  Data is fine.  Service is fine.  No MMS messages, on both data and wi-fi.

Tries to download, times out.

I wonder if it was some kind of excessive size of image or something. Now it's in your queue of MMS messages but it times out and so you never get to any other MMS's. I wonder if there's a way to remove messages in the MMS queue.

I don't think there's a que because after about 15 minutes it seems to time out and I receive a message telling me it failed to download a text message.

In other words, I have never received an image on this phone by text, ever.

Also large messages (converted to MMS) do not reach me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaVibe wrote:

I'm thinking there has to be another setting SOMEWHERE that isn't changed to PM, because the APN settings alone have not allowed me to accept picture messages.

Regular messages are fine.  Data is fine.  Service is fine.  No MMS messages, on both data and wi-fi.

I wonder if it was some kind of excessive size of image or something. Now it's in your queue of MMS messages but it times out and so you never get to any other MMS's. I wonder if there's a way to remove messages in the MMS queue.

DaVibe

DaVibe

@Anonymous Samsung S7

Yup, no picture messages, that's all! Lol

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

What specific make/model is the phone anyway?

@DaVibe this would certainly be helpful information.

I haven't run into it on many devices, but on my mother's old Nexus 5, she was completely unable to download MMS images people sent her if she was connected to a Wi-Fi network.  I had to coach her to temporarily turn off her Wi-Fi toggle, download the message, then toggle it back on.  It doesn't seem to happen with her newer phone (Moto G5 Plus), nor do I recall running into it with any of my own devices, but if you're attached to a Wi-Fi network most of the time, it's worth a try.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaVibe wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@DaVibe wrote:

I use the phone every day.  It works in every way possible, other than I cannot receive picture messages (or send).  It's definitely a compability issue as it's still stuck in "Sprint" land and not fully over to Canada.

I wasn't able to change the start up screen, it still starts as Sprint.

Does the phone work here with other internet activities?

Almost certainly the problem will be to do with APN settings.

APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

No change, even watched the video posted in the knowledge base section about APN settings

Well that's unfortunate. Seems that's the key to data on cell systems.

Double check for upper/lower case and that string of codes for apn type has no spaces between each item

Edit: @DaVibe: I just noticed that you've been dealing with this since last April. Seriously?! This has not worked for all this time?

What specific make/model is the phone anyway?

DaVibe

@Anonymous wrote:

@DaVibe wrote:

I use the phone every day.  It works in every way possible, other than I cannot receive picture messages (or send).  It's definitely a compability issue as it's still stuck in "Sprint" land and not fully over to Canada.

APN Settings:

No change, even watched the video posted in the knowledge base section about APN settings

@DaVibe wrote:

A Sprint logo at startup doesn't really mean anything other than the fact that Sprint software is installed on the phone.

Since data is working, but just not MMS, everything still points to there being an issue in the access point settings.

DaVibe

Yes, full internet.  No other issues.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@DaVibe wrote:

APN Settings:

DaVibe

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@DaVibe, I have no experience with sprint and verizon phones for use in Canada.  Apart from checking the APN settings, did you also enable mobile data.  When you go to the about phone settings, status, SIM status, does mobile network state show as connected?  If not, I suspect maybe there is a compatibility issue. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Try resetting network setting

Modifying one of the son setting add default I think.. see the list in the link

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Bugs-and-Quirks-at-Public-Mobile/m-p/2026...

Possibly Clearing caches 

And data needs to be on ( just in case you have it off)

Need Help? Let's chat.