cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone

Ryan2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hey folks.

My daughter lost her phone in cuba.. yeh... so shes got a new one and ive ordered a new sim card. The account is active as its olny been a week. 

Q: how to deactivate the old and/or activate the new phone.?

10 REPLIES 10

When you have the replacement SIM card, Use the "Change SIM Card" Link on the initial Overview page in the self-serve portal:

ChangeSimCard.png

Johnc2780
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Deactivate the Sim card associated with your daughter's account. This will stop Oncetge phone from being able to be utilized. Once you get the new sim card, add it to your daughter's account  

kelvarnsen
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If your phone is an android device you can log into your google account and sign your missing phone out of your account, although it probably has to be connected to data to work. It looks like you can also erase all the phone contents the same way.

You are welcome @Ryan2 . Glad that we could help you. 

@Ryan2 wrote:

Thankyou so much.😁

Ryan2
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thankyou so much.😁

@gblackma wrote:

@Ryan2Go to a Walmart and activate a new account there. Your SIM will be free.

While the rest of the info in that larger message is sound, the part in bold isn't necessarily, i.e. while SOME Walmarts have given customers the SIM for free, when activating in-store, apparently not ALL of them do, so that part is a wee bit misleading. It should probably have been phrased, "ask the customer rep at Walmart if they give you a free SIM when activating in-store, because you heard they do that, and you MIGHT get a freebie". 👍 

Activating the new account and the new phone could give you $80 unless you preloaded lots of money on her account @gblackma is right definitely something to consider.

Keep in mind that you can't move the number from one public account to another.

Don't forget the referral, if you don't have it you can ask here in the community and take the conversation to private messages.

Hope it works out for you

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Ryan2 another option would be to do the math and if beneficial, tomorrow check to see if the Chinese New Year promotion is still on. Even if is closed you have until 12 midnight eastern time to take advantage of it. Remove your autopay credit card from the old account and abandon it. Go to a Walmart and activate a new account there. Your SIM will be free. Also use your referral code to get a  monthly $1 credit and one time $10 credit for the new account. 

@Ryan2 wrote:

Hey folks.

My daughter lost her phone in cuba.. yeh... so shes got a new one and ive ordered a new sim card. The account is active as its olny been a week. 

totalUser
Mayor / Maire

Login

Go to plans and add-on

Go to change sim

If you are logged in https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/Overview/plan-and-Add-ons/change-sim-card/ 

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Log into my account and use the report the phone stolen link. Did you have an email address on the phone? Anything that might leave you exposed. I would change the password.When the new SIM arrives go back in and use the switch SIM option. Sorry to hear about the phone @Ryan2 .

@Ryan2 wrote:

Hey folks.

Need Help? Let's chat.