cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone, want to keep the same number

Melodyash
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I lost my phone 5 days ago, I would like to keep my same number and plan, what should I do? (It was a Samsung Galaxy 3) 

Thanks! 

16 REPLIES 16

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@mojy You will need to click here to send a private message to the @moderator_team for assistance. They are Public Mobile support employees who can help with your issue.

In your message please include:

• PM account email address
  • PM phone number
  • Detailed explanation

Note: Community Moderators are available from Mon-Thursday 9am to 9pm, and Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 9am to 7:30pm [All times in Toronto/Montreal time zone]. You can message them at any time, and they will respond as soon as possible within those working hours. More information about the community moderators.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mojy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Yes. Thanks for your reply! But I have been a member since 3 years ago and I don’t remember if I ever made an account or maybe I just forgot the password! because I never used my account I would only charge my plan every month and since I have access to phone service I would just call if I ever faced any issue! What do I do?

@mojy, you have replied to a thread that is 21 months since the last post. It would be better to start a new thread.  Aswell you should edit your post and remove your number as this is a public forum.  Now onto your problem, you can go to Walmart,  WOW mobile Boutique, or K Mobile and purchase a SIM card.  Once you have the SIM you will login to your selfserve and go to Change SIM card.  You will then enter your new SIM card number and it will be activated with your current number and you just plug the new sim and you are good to go.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

mojy
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI, 

I have lost my phone yesterday and I don't remember making an account with that number. My number is 647-7627373 and I just wanted to keep my number and plan! what should I do??? please help 😞

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

You're welcome!

Cheers.

Melodyash

Thank you so much! 🙂 

Melodyash

Great! 

Thanks! 🙂 

Martin
Legend
Legend

Hi @Luddite,

I know that you're up beyond the hour at which you normally retire for the night. After all, it's almost 8:30 pm!

I don't want you to become paranoid, but a so-called selfie was taken of you yesterday. You remember when you were watching TV? Bob and Sue took a photo of you via your television.

I then shared it with @Jeffrey_M earlier today. If you don't believe me, feel free to ask him.

BTW, the photo was taken when you were wearing a stainless steel colander. (It should have been copper!)

Cheers.

@Martin  Obviously @imm1304 stole my colander that links minds. Now I can go back to sleep with that worry eliminated.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Martin
Legend
Legend
@imm1304,

I know! Where's the spy cam? WHERE???

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @saukalra,

A minor correction is in order.

"...suspended for less than 90 days" should read, "...suspended for less than 91 days."

On the 91st day of suspension, the SIM card and account are deactivated, and the phone number forfeited forever.

FYI.

imm1304

@Martin, we posted at the same time again!  Robot LOL

imm1304

I want to remind you that you need a separate account to order sim cards.  Your self-serve and Community accounts are different from the store.publicmobile.ca account.  

Your free sim card will arrive in 3-5 business days for most people but can take a few days longer as it comes via Canadapost. 

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi @Melodyash,

Losing your phone in no way causes you to lose your number.

What you should do is access your self-serve account in order to enable Lost/Stolen Phone. By doing so, you will ensure that anyone finding your phone will be unable to use it due to suspended service. Though service will be suspended, your billing cycle will continue until expiry. If you do not renew your plan by the 90th day, inclusive, following plan expiry, then and only then will you lose your number. Your SIM card will be deactivated, and your account deleted. You will no longer be considered a customer.

I suggest that you go to the homepage, and order a free SIM card. If not already created, you will need to create a MyShopify account during the ordering process. After receiving an email that your card has been shipped, wait 3 to 7 business days for it to arrive.

Register the new SIM card number in your account, and disable Lost/Stolen Phone. Reboot your new phone, and you should have instant service, as long as the new SIM card is in your phone.

Good luck, and enjoy your new phone!

imm1304

Hi @Melodyash!

Sorry to hear that you lost your phone.

You should sign into your account online at https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Click on "Plans and Add-ons" tab.  Then Click on "Lost/Stolen Phone" and temporarily suspend your account.  This will prevent anyone who finds your phone from mis-using your phone line.  

Then, order a replacement sim card from here:  https://store.publicmobile.ca/products/triple-punch-sim-card

Once your new sim card arrives, sign into your account again.  Go to "Plans and Add-ons" section, and this time, click on "Change Sim" and enter the new sim card's serial number.

You will keep your current accout, phone number etc.. don't worry. Ask if you have more questions.

saukalra
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I haven't tried these steps myself but this is my understanding of how to go about this:

You can suspend your service by logging into your account and going to the "Plans/Add ons" --> Lost/stolen phone tab.

Once you have your new phone and SIM card, return to that page to resume your service (you will not lose your phone number provided that the account is suspended for less than 90 days).

You would also need to order a new SIM card, and once you have it, you can enter its 19 digit number under the "Change SIM card" option under "My profile" and then you should be good to use it in your new phone. 

Need Help? Let's chat.