cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone by Purolator

questions4u
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

My phone began giving trouble some weeks ago. Public mobile informed me that it was still under warranty and that I should send it in to be fixed or replaced. All was well and good until Purolator who in the process of delivering the new phone lost or misdirected it, and has been trying to trace it for the last 2 weeks. I informed Public Mobile to send me another phone since it is not my responsibility; it is  theirs. I didn't lose the phone; the carrier they used, lost it. However they keep telling me to continue bugging Purolator.  Can you imagine ? I have been with Public Mobile over 5 years, also brought friends over, and this is the first time I have been disappointed with them ... such unprofessionalism. Also how can I bug Purolator without a phone ?  That makes it even more frustrating. Why can't they just send me a new phone ? ... an out of date Samsung ll XT 7560 that's so out of date no one wants them anymore, but me of course. Any suggestions ?

9 REPLIES 9

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

You're welcome.

I'm very happy that things turned out well for you.

Cheers.

questions4u

Yes, thanks. Sorry for the late response. Yes, I did what was suggested by Martin, Purolator then declared the phone lost after which I got another phone from Public Mobile three days later ... which was excellent.

I must say, overall, Public Mobile has been terrific; I was just upset with what was happening and noticed I was a bit abrasive towards them in the tone of my message. But they have been very accomodative and all is well now.  Thank you and to this PM Community.

Moid_I
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

@questions4u Any luck with the tracking your phone ? Did purolator provide you with any further information? 

Let us know. 

Cyber
Mayor / Maire

@questions4u,

You should have a tracking number with Purolator.

Does it shows delivered or misrouted ?

You can claim the insurance value (if you had one) after many weeks.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

On behalf of the volunteer responders and PM community team staff, thank you for liking this forum. Much appreciated!

questions4u

Yes. I'll remember.  It's difficult to keep a sound mind without one's phone.  But I'll try.

Thanks for the support. I like this forum ! I feel better already.

Cheers.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hi,

Best of luck!

Remember to be firm, but always polite.

Cheers.

questions4u

Thanks. Sounds very reasonable. Will do so and see what happens. Cheers.

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

Call Purolator and POLITELY them to declare the phone as lost so that PM can send you another one. If the first-level Purolator rep disagrees, insist on speaking with a supervisor, and do not take no as an answer.
Need Help? Let's chat.