cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost phone VERY IMPORTANT

JeanCT
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I just lost my phone and obivously my sim card, what should I do as the website is not currently working? Also, how could I order another  phone and a sim card while keeping the same number? I have to pay my phone on October 10th, 2018, what should I do about that ?

Thank you to answer as quickly as possible as I use my phone for work.

14 REPLIES 14

EmilyBaker

When you cannot find your Android phone, you need to make sure whether your phone is lost.
If you cannot find your mobile phone, the first thing you need to do is to ensure whether the device is really lost or just misplaced. You can simply confirm that by calling the device. Or you can use Android Device Manager to track the device. If you make sure that the device is truly gone, you need to take action right away.

dumbdobie1
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Glad that you resolved the issue. Now a days the data can be more important than the phone, ie messenger, emails, passwords lists, banking, social media, etc.

Always good to have a password and the ability to remote wipe the phone whenever possible.

@JeanCT wrote:

Awesome thank you, everyone !!

On behalf of all here I will say you are welcome, and enjoy.

JeanCT

Awesome thank you, everyone !!

@JeanCT wrote:

Thank you!! However, will I also able to get a new phone at whichever location I choose and more importantly keep the same phone number ?

You can get a new phone anywhere you like. When you get the new sim and change it in self serve then that sim will then belong to your account and the phone number that you previously had will also still belong to that account. So yes you will keep it.

JeanCT

Thank you!! However, will I also able to get a new phone at whichever location I choose and more importantly keep the same phone number ?

@JeanCT wrote:

Awesome thank you !!

@JeanCTJust so you know, you can get a sim locally without having to wait for the mail

WalMart There are over 400 WalMart locations across Canada. Find the store closest to you by clicking here.

The Mobile Shop. There are nearly 200 The Mobile Shop locations across Canada, located in places like Loblaws and Real Canadian Superstore. Find the store closest to you by clicking here.

Wow! Mobile boutique. Not very many but in a lot of major cities. Find the closest to you by clicking here.

JeanCT

Awesome thank you !!

NewZQ

You could pay when you have another sim card in your hand, you just go to self-serve and change your sim number there + pay for the next 30/90 days to remove suspension.

JeanCT

Alright, thank you so do you recommend I pay it right away ?

NewZQ

Yes, you can keep your number if it goes into suspend, if you do not pay for 90 days it will deactivate.

It will suspend automatically if 30 days passed on 10 october and you didn't payed if auto pay is not active or not working.

JeanCT

Thank you for your response, however, I don't use autopay and the public mobile site is temporarily unavailable so I can't go on self-serve and put on suspension my account; so if I just don't pay will it suspend my account automatically? If yes will I still be able to keep my number?

NewZQ

The website will be online in a few hours, it shouldn't take longer then, you can use the self serve.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@JeanCT wrote:

Hi, I just lost my phone and obivously my sim card, what should I do as the website is not currently working? Also, how could I order another  phone and a sim card while keeping the same number? I have to pay my phone on October 10th, 2018, what should I do about that ?

Thank you to answer as quickly as possible as I use my phone for work.

Edit: Sorry. I see none of the self-serve options are working...as you said...I re-read.

Your service will expire around now or tomorrow night so it won't be usable anyway.

There's a lost/stolen feature in the self-serve you could use which will halt service and put it into suspension.

But since your service is about to expire, if you use autopay you could turn it off and remove the credit card. That way you'll go into suspension and the service won't work anyway. Providing of course that you don't otherwise have enough Available Funds on hand.

Then you get a compatible phone. Get a SIM. Then in self-serve you can change SIM. Pay up. And you should be good.

Need Help? Let's chat.