cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my phone

Jamschmok
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi There,

I know this is a bit of a long shot but my device was lost while I was walking to work the other day. Wondering, is it possible (as the cell phone provider) that you are able to triangulate the last whereabouts of my device? Can you do a ping to the device?  How could you use the network hardware to locate the rough whereabouts? Please help!! Thanks

10 REPLIES 10

jimbobs
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Jamschmok wrote:

.... that you are able to triangulate the last whereabouts of my device? Can you do a ping to the device?  How could you use the network hardware to locate the rough whereabouts? ....

This is the kind of stuff you see on TV.  In practice, even GPS, the most accurate method, can vary from 5 to 50m depending on multiple factors such as GPS chipset, indoor/outdoor, rural/urban location, etc. 

@JamschmokThere might be a remote hope that someone had turned in it at your local police detachment or community policing office? There is nothing much to do beyond that at this point, the battery is likely dead. I hope you managed to get a replacement SIM card and phone and get Public Mobile working again.

In the future, do take a picture of the back of your phone with the serial number and model number printed.. a lot of devices get turned in to lost and found etc.. it is hard to ask for an officier for a phone back if they don't have power, all they can see is black generic slabs.

Jamschmok

It's android but the data was off when it got lost

@Jamschmok wrote:

thas what I was hoping for... actually lost it a few days ago. Tried calling it and it rang rang rang but now it probably died, goes to voicemail immediately 😞 

@Jamschmok  You still haven't told us your phone type. If it's Android maybe this might help.

https://support.google.com/android/answer/6160491?hl=en

Jamschmok

thas what I was hoping for... actually lost it a few days ago. Tried calling it and it rang rang rang but now it probably died, goes to voicemail immediately 😞 

Daphne1

Perhaps a good samaritan found your phone. Good idea to try calling your number.

@Jamschmok 

Hopefully, you can find your phone in the near future.  

In the meantime, you should go to your self service account and report your phone lost/stolen.  That will stop your service.  If you find your phone, you can report your phone found.  

If your phone is lost "forever", you should contact moderator and put the phone on the blacklist by contacting PM moderator. Then the phone can't be used in Canada...

Send a private message to moderator through the following link :

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Jamschmok wrote:

Hi There,

I know this is a bit of a long shot but my device was lost while I was walking to work the other day. Wondering, is it possible (as the cell phone provider) that you are able to triangulate the last whereabouts of my device? Can you do a ping to the device?  How could you use the network hardware to locate the rough whereabouts? Please help!! Thanks

@Jamschmok  What type of phone do you have? If it's Android and you have a Google account you should be able to locate your device and also do a remote wipe.

Did you try calling your number? 

MandyJ
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

While I'm not sure that this is even something that Public Mobile could/would do, I do know that we as members of the community wouldn't have access to that kind of information. This forum here is fellow customers helping out with whatever issues we can.

If you want to try, you can message the moderators to see if there's something that can be done, but be aware that there can be a delay in the response time depending on the volume of issues they are facing. Here's the link if you do want to send them a private message:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

I hope you find your phone!

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@JamschmokHi there I don't think Public Mobile offer the service you are seeking. However have you try the lost device feature on your Google.com account, here is the link? (and if you are using iPhone the Find my Phone feature via icloud.com?). Just note your phone needs to have data in order for this to work.

Need Help? Let's chat.