cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost my phone - How to deactivate my SIM card?

bleung
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

I lost my phone and SIM card.  Can someone let me know how to deactivate my SIM card to prevent others from using it?

Thanks,

Ben

8 REPLIES 8

bleung

Great, thanks @Dunkman.

@bleung

Yes, if change to new SIM card, the other SIM will be permanently deactivated.  

bleung

Thanks everyone for the info.  I went to the Lost/Stolen Phone page and suspended the service.

I tried tracking my phone yesterday, but it never came online.  It was probably stolen 😞

If I buy a new SIM card and update it on the Change SIM Card page, will my old SIM card be deactivated permanently?

Ben

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@slash407 wrote:

u could locate it if u had protection location on it. Next time.

Good point! If you have Apples Find My iPhone or Googles Find My Device turned on you could try to locate your phone that way.

georgesmilord
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Go to your self serve account and click on lost phone option. Smiley Happy

@bleung wrote:

Hi,

I lost my phone and SIM card.  Can someone let me know how to deactivate my SIM card to prevent others from using it?

Thanks,

Ben

This can be done from within your Public Mobile self-serve account. 

After logging in, click on teh Plans and Add-Ons tab.  Then clck on the tab within that says Lost/Stolen phone.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

Yes @bleung you can go to your self serve account and click plan and adds-on and on phone lost or stolen...you will click later on it if you find your phone!!!

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Sorry to hear you lost your phone!

You can login to your account and report your phone as lost/stolen by clicking on Plans and Addons and then Lost/Stolen Phone and then suspend service.

Need Help? Let's chat.