cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Phone

farhath
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Can the service providers help in locating my stolen phone?

6 REPLIES 6

@farhath 

Wow...lucky You! I 'm happy to hear you got it back. The bf has lost numerous phones and has gotten a few back so there are good people out there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@farhath 

is a lot of people the are so nice and too good,,i'm glad is back....

farhath
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

I traced my phone through Samsung's find my mobile. It was in Mississauga. We talked to the person and requested him to give us .our phone back. He agreed. We had to go and pick it up.

@farhath 

Found your thread.....I thought it was lost too along with my reply! Hopefully luck will be on your side as well.....

Have you have enabled "find my phone" in your phone's settings? Do you have location turned on in your google account? You can go to your timeline in google maps or your google account to see the last place your phone connected with the internet. The find your phone option in your google account allows you to ring your phone, deactivate it or erase all of your info/ factory reset your phone if it contains financial or personal info that can be exploited.

It can also give you the last IP address the phone connected with that you can search on the internet for its location. Send yourself a text message with a phone number to reach you at or your own number to leave a voice message for anyone who may find your phone and can see your last text message on the screen if your phone is password locked. Offer a nondisclosed reward....most people would turn it down anyways but think of what its worth to you to get it back....and it may convince someone in need to return it rather than sell it or keep it.

You can report it lost/stolen in your account and suspend your service. This will disconnect it from the network. Geolocation will then only work if it connects to wifii but you can periodically resume your service to call it to see if someone answers....you can also check your voicemail whether it is suspended or not. Simply dial your phone number, when it connects press * and enter your 4 digit

voicemail pin #. You can access your messages or change your greeting to advise callers of a temporary number to reach you or anything else you want to communicate of your current situation. 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is mark your phone lost in your account.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/lost-or-stolen-phone

Depending on the phone you have, did you install an app to track your phone ?

softech
Oracle
Oracle

Not from PM.

but do you have Android or Apple?  They both have Where is my phone service....  Samsung has the same service as well

Google:  https://myaccount.google.com/device-activity?continue=https%3A%2F%2Fmyaccount.google.com%2Fsecurity

your phone would be on the page.. click on the 3 dots and follow

Need Help? Let's chat.