cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Phone

zhysalazar
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello I need help! I lost my phone along with my Public Mobile sim card. Now I bought a new sim card. I logged on to my account and went to change sim card. As I entered the sim card number it keeps on saying that there is a problem and it does not want to go through. Do I need to activate the new sim card first before changing it? 

6 REPLIES 6

Stephen_Wilson
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I would say just go through the "Change SIM Card" process, but since you've already done that, maybe it's just a error and just restarting the page could fix it.

Ckyaimee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This happened to me when I initially signed up - I contacted a moderator (through asking Simon) and they were able to help me! 

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@zhysalazar ,

am assuming within your profile, you clicked on the 'Change SIM card' option correct?

And if you have already, and still having the issues, it's time to contact the moderator team.
Click on this link for a private message. Be advised, they will send you a message and you would need to respond within 24 hours, or you need to submit again!

edited by computergeek541: screenshot removed (referral code)

@zhysalazar 

You can also try a different web browser, clear cache or incognito mode.  Chrome incognito works well with this site.  

After entering the new SiM number, from my understanding from previous situations, you will need to report your phone found.  

@zhysalazar wrote:

Hello I need help! I lost my phone along with my Public Mobile sim card. Now I bought a new sim card. I logged on to my account and went to change sim card. As I entered the sim card number it keeps on saying that there is a problem and it does not want to go through. Do I need to activate the new sim card first before changing it? 

You need to go through the change sim card process, but it sounds as if you've done that.  It could just be a website error, but with the request possibly going through fine. Check if the service works on the sim card.

I'm not completely sure if you need to tell the system that you "found" your phone, or if the system assumes that automatically based on the sim card change.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@zhysalazar wrote:

No, you do not need to activate the new SIM card.

You are changing your account to use a new SIM card as your account is already activated and active.

Logoff and restart your browser and try again.

Need Help? Let's chat.