cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of service

2seniors
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Today I loss service for about 4 hours. I shut down the phone and restated it and my service resumed. Why did this happen ?

Edited by Moderator to remove content that violates Terms of Service.

10 REPLIES 10

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@2seniors 

I'm happy to hear you resolved your issue. If you feel a member answered your question then accept a solution from them. It counts towards their community reward. As do do bravos so anyone else that was helpful you can bravo as well.

FYI.....to reply to someone specific you can tag them. Use the "@" key and a pop up box will appear with the recent posting members names in it just tap or click on their name to fill out your tag. Alternatively off their name doesn't appear just type it out after the "@" followed by a space and it should appear in the pop up box for you to click on.

2seniors
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you for your words of wisdom. So correct 

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@2seniors My phone reminds me to restart if I haven't done it in the past 7 days. As stated, your phone is a computer, it's a good idea to restart once in awhile.

@pankajjoshi put it in aeroplane mode for 5 minutes, take it off and restart your phone. Stay safe. 

pankajjoshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

seems like service or power outage even mine service is slow but comes on ..

mh1983
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/lifestyle/smart-living/this-is-how-often-you-should-restart-your-phone/ar-...

Your smartphone is a computer. Computers need a periodic reboot and smartphones are no different. Above article gives a good explanation.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@2seniors there might of been a service outage in the area and restarting your device reset the network. you can check this website to see if your area was affected

https://istheservicedowncanada.com/status/telus/map

Anonymous
Not applicable

@2seniors wrote:

Today I loss service for about 4 hours. I **bleep** down the phone and restated it and my service resumed. Why did this happen ?

Is this the only screen you have? Do you have a tablet? A laptop? A desktop? Do you keep them all on? Do you fully power off your phone at all? Frequently?

Software and system memory and the CPU and the operating system that keeps it all together gets muddled up often.

Rebooting sets everything back to the startup mode. Not factory reset. Not reset. Just reboot.

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

You will be surprised when you reboot any device on what it fixes and resets. 

Need Help? Let's chat.