cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking at porting my phone to Public Mobile...

Vlad_Belina
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, (1) am considering moving my new, 2021 Motorola Moto E7.. currently with freedommobile.ca ... is it compatible with Public Mobile? (2) is the "email-to-text" service working with Public Mobile? -Thanks!

21 REPLIES 21

@Vlad_Belina 

Oh yeah...I forgot to mention to keep your freedom card in  your phone til you recieve the porting authorization text and answer YES within 90 minutes of recieving it.  Then you can put the pm sim card in your phone and don't throw away your freedom sim card it can be used to help people edit a greyed out APN on phones running Android 9 ( or 8?) that are usually international models..... anyhow handy to have around to help out a friend in need.

@Vlad_Belina 

And here I was about to call our resident expert @Nezgar in when I thought perchance I will put it in the search bar.....and voila!

Vlad_Belina

thanks!

@Anonymous 

This one is on you.....since I have no idea! lol!🤔

Vlad_Belina

Hi Maire,

- one more thing... what is the "special" number you need to send a text message with your phone@msg.telus.com in order to enable this service?

Thanks!

@Vlad_Belina 

We are just very helpful customers....private messages with the Moderator_Team or with other community members is thru the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right hand corner of your screen.

I'll send you one so you can see....

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vlad_Belina : There's nothing to set up. If you're here now you can try it. You can also send a text to an email address but it will (Edit:) be in MMS.

@Vlad_Belina 

Welcome to the community!

I have ported from freedom it was pretty smooth but I had to call in for my account # because at the time I couldn't find it on my account. I'm not sure they have changed that process.

If you activate online a $35+ plan be sure to enter the promocode 2GBBONUS to recieve 2gb of bonus monthly plan data as ling as you keep the same rate plan.

Don't forget to enter a referral code for the $10 bonus referral credit. The box is on the 4th activation page right next to the promocode box. If you  don't anyone with one...make a new friend here and private message anyone here and ask for their code. You'll become instant friends!!😃

Vlad_Belina

yes, but is there not a need at first to enable it, by texting this number@email from your phone to a special number such as "4000" with freedommobile.ca... what would be that number with Public Mobile?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vlad_Belina wrote:

Hi,

- how the "email-to-text" number is structured with Public Mobile? and what is the number that you need to send that "structure" in order to enable the service?

@Vlad_Belina 

you can review Here 

Vlad_Belina

OK, I got it... at the outset I was under the impression that this is a Private Chat with a Moderator or an Admin... but it is an Open Forum... I understand now... Thanks again!

the email to text number would simply be :  [10digitnumber]@msg.telus.com

Vlad_Belina

Hi,

- how the "email-to-text" number is structured with Public Mobile? and what is the number that you need to send that "structure" in order to enable the service?

Thanks!

@Vlad_Belina 

As soon as I saw the IMEI I didn't really read anything else I wanted to get you to edit. An IMEI is sensitive to your phone and therefore can be exploited by fraudsters.Often people will also post email, phone number, account number etc....which is a security risk and against the ToS of the community. So it was to protect you.

And @Anonymous  answered yes to the second question.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vlad_Belina : Dang straight. And people say there's no support here.

10digitnumber@msg.telus.com

Vlad_Belina

Wow... what a pro... I slaved days on the internet trying to solve my phone's problems... and here, you just gave it to me in a few minutes... Congrats! and thank you... 

(Q1) why did you advise me to take all the details out... ???

(Q2) would you also have the answer as to, if the "email-to-text" service is enabled with Public Mobile?

Thanks in advance... 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vlad_Belina 

Yes is will working with public mobile

visit Here  to you can see full information about your device.

before you leave freedom mobile check with them your device is unlock and if is lock with them the will give the code for Free to unlock, to you can use with any carrier.

Good Luck and your welcome to public mobile
with a Beautiful Service
you will be very happy

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vlad_Belina : Yes you can do email to text.

@Vlad_Belina 

Just edit out the IMEI.

darlicious
Mayor / Maire

@Vlad_Belina 

Please edit out all those details asap please! 3 dots top right corner of your post.

Edit:

Back to your question here are pm's and your phone's frequencies.....so yes.

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).  band 12, band 5, band 2, band 1, band 4
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).   B2, B5

BrandModel nameOther namesStandardyGSM frequenciesStandard UMTSStandard LTE

Motorola
Motorola Smartphones
Moto E7
XT2052-1, XT2052-2, XT2052-3, XT2052-5, XT2052-6
GSM, UMTS, LTE, CDMA
hide
850 900 1800 1900
850 900 1700 1900 2100
FDD LTE: 2600, 1900, 1700, 850, 700, 600
TDD LTE: 2600, 2500