cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mayor / Maire

Re: Long-lasting calls (>30 minutes) dropped for months

Wouldn't latency be a network issue? And if it was, wouldn't it also be common throughout the Bell and Telus Networks and subsidiaries since they use the same grid???  

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

I reported awhile ago:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Drop-Calls-every-after-57-minutes/td-p/...

I kept giving more specifics to PM moderators. They eventually got engineering to open a ticket and investigate. Allegedly they put in a fix, though I haven't had a longer call in awhile. 

Keep at PM moderators on this. The more of us who speak up and get tickets opened with engineering, the better.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you - they made a ticket already for me and the latency issue is what they came back with. After another really important business call dropped today, I'm officially done. Smiley Sad I bought a Lucky mobile SIM card from Dollarama. I'm sad that PM didn't work out for me but luckily we have more options now in Canada!

@n31295 wrote:

Thank you - they made a ticket already for me and the latency issue is what they came back with. After another really important business call dropped today, I'm officially done. Smiley Sad I bought a Lucky mobile SIM card from Dollarama. I'm sad that PM didn't work out for me but luckily we have more options now in Canada!

Thanks for the update and sorry to hear you had to leave PM. Smiley Sad Completely understand. If this kept happening to me, it'd be a deal breaker too. @Moderator_Team are these increased call drops a known issue from your side.

I just had a work call drop at the 1 hr 19 min mark.

Mayor / Maire

So not fixed yet, I guess @mh1983 . I wonder what could cause that? Seems random.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@mh1983 wrote:

I just had a work call drop at the 1 hr 19 min mark.

Ugh I'm sorry friend. I'm doing my port out tonight . What's worse is they told you it was fixed but it obviously isn't. 

Thanks, @chuck_grady and @n31295  -- appreciate the commiseration.

It is frustrating. I don't recall drops like this happening nearly to the same extent on other carriers (previously, Telus, Koodo). PM purports to have the same coverage as Telus, and while PM is a value/budget brand, I expect better than this.

Meanwhile, I've written the @Moderator_Team  again and bumped my discussion with engineering .Would appreciate an official reply on whether this is a known issue and how it's being handled.

My wife had a call drop yesterday at around the 50 min mark. I recently referred her to PM. 

These call drops don't seem like isolated or one-off incidents, as the subject of this thread suggests. What's missing is some sort of response/acknowledgment from PM. They need to step it up. @Moderator_Team ?

EDIT: a week later and still the same issue. A call dropped yesterday around 40 min mark. Is PM @Moderator_Team doing anything about this? @Alan_K ? Interactions w/ support engineering have been less than stellar on the matter too.

Public Mobile

@mh1983 wrote:

My wife had a call drop yesterday at around the 50 min mark. I recently referred her to PM. 

These call drops don't seem like isolated or one-off incidents, as the subject of this thread suggests. What's missing is some sort of response/acknowledgment from PM. They need to step it up. @Moderator_Team ?

EDIT: a week later and still the same issue. A call dropped yesterday around 40 min mark. Is PM @Moderator_Team doing anything about this? @Alan_K ? Interactions w/ support engineering have been less than stellar on the matter too.

Can you send me the account number of the lines that were affected? I will share with the team to look into it. @mh1983