cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Long-lasting calls (>30 minutes) dropped for months

I've been a Public Mobile user for over a year and while service has generally been great, any time I stay on a phone call for more than about 30-60 minutes, I'll get a dropped call. This has been happening for months, ever since I started with Public Mobile over a year ago, and I've had this experience calling a number of different people, so I'm quite confident the problem is on my end, not theirs. I've also had this same problem calling in different cities, not just always from one physical location. Short 5-10 minute calls almost never seem to have this problem, only relatively long ones.

Any ideas about what could be causing this or how to solve it?

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: Long-lasting calls (>30 minutes) dropped for months

Hi

You should contact moderators https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Some plans had this issue couple of months ago and many users were affected. 

Mayor / Maire

@Random1 wrote:

I've been a Public Mobile user for over a year and while service has generally been great, any time I stay on a phone call for more than about 30-60 minutes, I'll get a dropped call. This has been happening for months, ever since I started with Public Mobile over a year ago, and I've had this experience calling a number of different people, so I'm quite confident the problem is on my end, not theirs. I've also had this same problem calling in different cities, not just always from one physical location. Short 5-10 minute calls almost never seem to have this problem, only relatively long ones.

The problem was prevalent sseveral weeks back and the modertors suggested getting ahold of them if it happened...so do what @oglat suggested and contact a moderator. It could take up to 48 hours for a response, so please be patient. ..Click this to message moderator

Mayor / Maire

@Random1 wrote:

@Random1 It's possible that it could be a provisional issue with your account. Not sure how PM or Telus handles calls during a max circuit utilization condition. Best to message the moderator team and see what they say. Let us know.

Oracle

@Random1 , calls longer than 2 hours getting dropped seems to be rather normal for me.  It was like this when I was with Wind, Rogers and Public.  This might be to prevent a connected call to be left connected all day long.  30-60 minutes seems rather short and should be investigated as suggested.

@will13am wrote:

@Random1 , calls longer than 2 hours getting dropped seems to be rather normal for me.  It was like this when I was with Wind, Rogers and Public.  This might be to prevent a connected call to be left connected all day long.  30-60 minutes seems rather short and should be investigated as suggested.

I agree that's too short, anybody who ever had to call gvmnt or insurance company knows that it won't take you through wait time sometimes

@Random1 wrote:

This happened to me last night, the first time since I joined in summer 2016.  Happened at 57:03 into the call (got a really good deal on Bell Fibe Internet and Bell ALT+Premium TV selections).

I'm rarely on a call of any length over 10 minutes.  Usually, only support ticket calls to other service providers go beyond the 10 minutes.

Send a message to the Moderator_Team, to investigate.  In my case, it's a one-off, and I'm not concerned.

I wish they could drop after 15 minutes sometimes,  especially when my sister callls,Smiley Tongue

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I've been getting dropped calls since May. The mods looked into my logs and said its a latency issue and didn't give an estimated fix date. I'm porting out asap because I can't tolerate it anymore. Hope you get a better result than me.

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

For many weeks I had the same call dropping. The calls were between 40 and 60 minutes.