cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cvsr111786
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I put a sim card in my phone. When it restarts it says device locked plz enter master lock code. How can I get the code I need with out having to go to a phone store. 

10 REPLIES 10

ljdemont
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Please contact Samsung to have the device unlocked. 
Hope it goes well for you! 

@Cvsr111786 wrote:

exact message says... Device locked please enter master lock code or unlock code.

I'm not guessing so my boyfriend gave it to me who got it from a friend of his that told him the phone was registered from Canada

Master unlock code is needed when someone was guessing unlock code. You need it to before you try to unlock it. After, you can use the other unlock code.

Cvsr111786

Thanks I'll try it. Wish me luck. 

@Cvsr111786 

I would contact Samsung directly and see what Samsung reps can do for you.

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

PM does not sell phones so the phone you have should have been unlocked when you bought it. Contact the retailer for the code and enter it.

Cvsr111786

exact message says... Device locked please enter master lock code or unlock code.

I'm not guessing so my boyfriend gave it to me who got it from a friend of his that told him the phone was registered from Canada

@Cvsr111786 

Since Samsung, you can contact Samsung either via live chat or phone customer service to get code.  

What is the exact message that your phone is showing?  

Was your phone locked to previous carrier?

Cvsr111786

mine is sm-g920w8. It's a galaxy s6

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Cvsr111786 

Your phone is likely locked to previous carrier.  You can contact previous carrier to get unlock code.  Which model phone?  With Samsung, you sometimes call call Samsund directly to get code.  

Need Help? Let's chat.