cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Locked sim

Hutchingsjonah1
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

my sim is locked from my phone. It says I have to contact you to get the PUK code 

3 REPLIES 3

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Hutchingsjonah1  assuming you need the sim unlock not network unlock, mods are the only ones who can help. Expect a 3 day or longer wait.

If you have access to selfserve and did a sim change that might be a workaround, but not sure. It would cost you $10.

wetcoaster
Mayor / Maire

@Hutchingsjonah1 wrote:

my sim is locked from my phone. It says I have to contact you to get the PUK code 

More details would be helpful....

If you're just starting with Public Mobile, and the phone asks for a "network PUK" or similar wording, your phone is locked to your previous provider and you have to contact them or the manufacturer.

Edit: Yes, I know, a lot of /most phones are sold "unlocked" since regulations changed in December 2017. However, some phones are known to lock themselves to the first SIM card inserted, Samsung being prominent in that field, and they are offering the unlock codes via chat.

iliketotalk
Mayor / Maire

@Hutchingsjonah1 The only way to get the sim card's PUK is to ask Public Mobile for it.   https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Need Help? Let's chat.