cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Live agent phone number

marjetasinko
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I have been having a problem setting up my data and I am going back and forth with e mails. I wish you would have a toll free number where we can talk to an agent live it would make things easier.

It would be even nicer if we could take our phone somewhere where a Public MObile agent could help us resolve issues like setting up data on our phone.

I have been e mailing back and forth now for 2 days and I still can not get my data working. The person is trying but it is hard.

thank you

47 REPLIES 47

CellGirl
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@yedaki76 wrote:

I did check that, thanks .... and I have been trying to get hold of an actual person since a couple of hours. I know you might be the new generation of humans that like to interact with bots who ask you the same questions over and over again. My lifetime is too short for this. I enjoy being outside and talking to actual people. c'est la vie ...

Yes, we all love bots, AI  Robot wink

Personally, I hate waiting on the phone, put on hold forever, and sometimes accidentally disconnected, then having to phone back and explain everything again... No thanks! Give me online support anyday 😄

sharen29
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I don't think there is any live agents for this carrier, that's the reason it is cheap, it's only other users that are helpers here in this community.   If it's live help you need often, then you'll have to find a different carrier, this one is discounted because fo that.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

What make/model phone do you have?

Did you bring it from another provider?

@yedaki76 these are important questions @Anonymous has asked you, because some models require additional steps to get data working.  Please provide the answer and we can try to point you in the right direction. 

For example:

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@eugenegowan wrote:

Public mobile does not offer a service for live agents. However you could always attempt calling telus and seeing what they can do. Public Mobile is owned by Telus.

@eugenegowan I have seen one or two people (in 3.5 years in the community) clain they have been able to get help that way, but when pushed for details I don't believe they ever bothered to reply.  I'm going by recollection here.  All of this so far is to say that although there may or may not be an credible exceptions, Telus reps are in no way supposed to be helping you if you call them up.  [If your case is escalated by one of the moderator teams to Telus' tech department, you may hear from them, but they are not supposed to take your calls and help you.

EDIT: honestly if you think about it, there would be less incentive for people to pay more for Koodo or Telus service if anyone on the discounted no-frills 3rd tier brand could just call up Telus for support.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

eugenegowan

Public mobile does not offer a service for live agents. However you could always attempt calling telus and seeing what they can do. Public Mobile is owned by Telus.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yedaki76 wrote:

I did check that, thanks .... and I have been trying to get hold of an actual person since a couple of hours. I know you might be the new generation of humans that like to interact with bots who ask you the same questions over and over again. My lifetime is too short for this. I enjoy being outside and talking to actual people. c'est la vie ...

As above...this is an online support model.

The moderators are NOT bots. That little SIMon thing is. Most of us here are fellow customers just trying to help.

What make/model phone do you have?

Did you bring it from another provider?

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@yedaki76 wrote:

I'm not a bot... If I was however, I want to be called "tron"

Sorry you are having so many issues. 

yedaki76

duffer900
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@yedaki76 wrote:

Hi Shaiza,

I just sigend up with public mobile and must say I am not impressed. No chance to chat with a human agent in real time to resolve problems. My data is not working at all and never has. I have checked my phone's compatibility, have shut it off and removed the SIM card, all without success. 

Another issue is that I got a 825 number. I am based out of Calgary. When I called a friend in North Bay, Ontario, he told me that I am showing as US number... wired. Maybe that is the reason? Anyways ... it would be great to be able to call someone in a hotline. The guy in the store seemed to have a number he can call for activations...

I am not impressed to say the least and if I don't get any support I will blow the $40 and go to Lucky Mobile.

Thanks for your help (in case I get an answer).

Phil.

The community assistance is here for you when you have issues or Questions. There are no "Live" helpline numbers. This is how they keep their prices so low.

If you want help from a Moderator (Public Mobile person), please conact them through this link.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@yedaki76 

One post and you go nuclear?

Did you check with willmyphonework.net to double-check that your phone is compatible?

What provider is your friend with?

Data is *almost* always about APN.

Find your phone on this list:
Officially Recognized APN Reference

If your phone isn't there maybe these might work:
APN Settings:
Name: Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMS proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Not set
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri,dun
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

yedaki76

Hi Shaiza,

I just sigend up with public mobile and must say I am not impressed. No chance to chat with a human agent in real time to resolve problems. My data is not working at all and never has. I have checked my phone's compatibility, have shut it off and removed the SIM card, all without success. 

Another issue is that I got a 825 number. I am based out of Calgary. When I called a friend in North Bay, Ontario, he told me that I am showing as US number... wired. Maybe that is the reason? Anyways ... it would be great to be able to call someone in a hotline. The guy in the store seemed to have a number he can call for activations...

I am not impressed to say the least and if I don't get any support I will blow the $40 and go to Lucky Mobile.

Thanks for your help (in case I get an answer).

Phil.

@Dkai001 wrote:

Very difficult to get to live Agent. There is no 1800 but email them and ask for call back ASAP

Public Mobile does not provide any real-time customer service/support, neither by phone, nor by e-mail.  Public Mobile has called customers in the past, but to my knowledge, this has usually related to number portability.  All customer service must be done by sending the moderators of this message forum a private message.  That can be done by clicking the following website link:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

@Dkai001 wrote:

Not easy! Keep email email 

contact person will have telephone ##

@Dkai001 

The info you provided in these past three posts is incorrect. All the up to date, correct information has been provided by @RobertQc  above.

a) As of March 17/2019 there is no live-over-the-phone support for any Public Mobile customers. All remaining legacy customers (who, for a long time, were the only ones to have phone support with this provider) lost their phone support on that day.

b) The absolute only way to contact a moderator (=PM customer service agent) is by private message through this community.*

c) One message is enough, no need to clog the system for everybody with multiple messages in a short(ish) time frame. While reply times can vary from a couple of hours up to 2 days, moderators will get back to you asap on a first come first serve basis.

Use this link to send a private message to the @Moderator_Team.

What to expect after sending your initial private message: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/Changes-to-how-you-verify-that-you-re-t...

More useful information on contacting the mods and getting help at Public Mobile:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/...

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help

Edti: Ninja'd by @srlawren!!

srlawren

@Dkai001 wrote:

Very difficult to get to live Agent. There is no 1800 but email them and ask for call back ASAP

@Dkai001 wrote:

Desole You need to email email someone will help

@Dkai001 wrote:

@Dkai001 I'm not sure why you repeated yourself 3 times, but please note that there is absoultey NO support via EMAIL.  Support is done via private messaging the moderator team in the community.  You can learn all about that here:  How to Get Help - Community

Dkai001
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Dkai001

Desole You need to email email someone will help

Dkai001

@garyellis1980 wrote:

I want a **bleep**ing LIVE PERSON!!!! 

@garyellis1980  If you mean talk to someone over the phone, then you need to pay more money and go with a higher tier / higher priced mobile phone service.

Here you can talk to a live person through private message.

Click this to send them a message.

For more information about contacting a moderator (LIVE PERSON) Click Here

This is public mobile, the phone company without a phone number.

If you need help, let us know what you need.

garyellis1980

I want a **bleep**ing LIVE PERSON!!!! 

@Dkai001

According to another thread, there is the phone number:

Sorry, I do not have additional information since I am not a pioneer/legacy customer...

A Pioneer customer refers to someone who (i) joined Public Mobile before January 27th, 2015, and (ii) is not on a rewards eligible rate plan.  Pioneer customers are on plans that are no longer available to new customers, and these plans include access to a 1-855-4PUBLIC call centre.

If you are on a rewards eligible plan you are not on a Pioneer plan.

Dkai001

I'm a legacy customer 

@Dkai001

Unfortunately, no call center for public mobile.  Exception:  if you a legacy customer.  All customer service is via private messaging/email.  

Dkai001

I had 10 emails and my issued not resolved 

is there a live agent or telephone ## we can call

Interesting the contact us phone number has dissapeared from website

It was there for sure during the $40 madness days

@Ossai if on legacy plan you can dial 611 from cell phone

Otherwise 1-855-478-2542  (4Public get it? Man seems like eons ago people tried to spell words with their phone numbers)

srlawren
@Ossai you're right that your account needs to be active to port your number out. You will need to activate temporarily on a 10 day text-only plan. Unfortunately to do that you will need to contact a community moderator by private message. Please see the two links at the bottom of this reply for instructions on how to find and private message a moderator.

Ossai

how can i get one of the agent number

Ossai

Please, I need your help. I tried to export my public number to chater and is not working, the major issue now is that my number public mobile is no ore active. Please how can I re-activate the number

WearySky
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@marjetasinko wrote:

I understand what you are saying but other companies have offered comparable prices and they do have a live agent. For me it makes things easier if you are not a techy person. It took 2 days for my data issue to get resloved where on the phone it would have been faster. If you have a business this matters.  thanks again for your comment.

In my experience, PM's (regular price, not promo) plans tend to be among the cheapest available. At least in Ontario.  Definitely far cheaper than the big 3, and while Wind is comparable price-wise, their coverage and network quality are *awful*.  The only reason I didn't switch over earlier is because there wasn't really a compelling plan for me with the amount of data that I wanted.  But yes, it's definitely not great if you're not technically minded - sometimes having a person to talk to on the phone is incredibly helpful.  But that's another 30k a year (per phone person) expense for the company, on a 40 hour a week schedule.  And that's only at minimum wage - it adds up quick as you add more people (and an actual living wage).  PM saves literally hundreds of thousands of dollars a year by not having a call centre.  Thankfully I'm the type of person that actually prefers something like these forums - I hate calling up call centres and having to spend a half hour walking through all the troubleshooting steps that I've already done. 🙂

marjetasinko

for sure lol. good day

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Good stuff. 

Sometimes the best solotion is the simplest solution - ie. turning the phone OFF completely and restarting it again lol. 

Need Help? Let's chat.