cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lite Phone 2

Airborne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello, I've done some research and some of the 4GLTE bands match what Public Mobile supports with the Lite Phone 2 but not 100% positive Public Mobile supports this phone. Can anyone clarify if this phone works with Public Mobile?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6

@Airborne wrote:

As far as I know the make is Lite Phone and model is 2. This is from their website. It uses the following 4G LTE Bands: B2, B4, B12, B13, B17, B25, B26I do believe PM supports bands 4,12,13,17 LTE. The Lite 2 is 4G LTE only. No 3G

@Airborne As described by you, this phone is not compatible with PM. The phone checker is not, and never will be, replete with every phone/model. 

Network Frequencies at PM

• 4G LTE/LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz; 2100 MHz downlink with 1700 MHz uplink (AWS). PM throttles speed on these to 3 mbps.

• HSPA (3G): 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS). N.B. Must have these for calls to work. Texting and data also work on the 3G frequencies.

Public Mobile has partnered with willmyphone work as the new compatibility checker. If you can’t find your make and/ or model here: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-started, provide feedback directly https://willmyphonework.net/Home/ContactUs.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Airborne wrote:

As far as I know the make is Lite Phone and model is 2. This is from their website. It uses the following 4G LTE Bands: B2, B4, B12, B13, B17, B25, B26I do believe PM supports bands 4,12,13,17 LTE. The Lite 2 is 4G LTE only. No 3G

Then you won't get voice here. You're barely getting a couple LTE bands for data and SMS/MMS.

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Airborne 

Ya I know but the thing is, PM has a list of all the phones that are compatible and when I checked that list, your phone wasn’t on there so I want you to know it may not be compatible. Usually most phones are compatible, just don’t want you to get upset with PM if things don’t work out.

Airborne
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Helpershelper
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Airborne 

It does work in the states, but I don’t see any official word that it works on this network. Keep in mind there are other non smart phone options like a flip phone. The one your thinking about getting has poor call quality.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Airborne wrote:

Hello, I've done some research and some of the 4GLTE bands match what Public Mobile supports with the Lite Phone 2 but not 100% positive Public Mobile supports this phone. Can anyone clarify if this phone works with Public Mobile?

Thank you

Do you have a full make/model/submodel for that?

For voice you need 850 and 1900 on 3G/UMTS/WCDMA. We'll get to LTE later.

Need Help? Let's chat.