cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: List of missing devices from Compatibility Checker

I cannot receive calls and texts. As I understand, this phone is not added to the list of compatible devices? I toped up for 1 usd, as you mentioned,  this does not help. I chated with SIMon, checked and updated APN settings. What else I can do?

Highlighted

Please include Samsung SM-J260Y\DS to your list. Thanks Lawrence

Highlighted

Hi,

We'd like to know if we can use Public Mobile on our Motorola "moto g6 play"?

Other details:

Type: M373B

MO#: YDML19723TSP

P/N: PAA30017CA

Highlighted
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jam0532000 wrote:

Hi,

We'd like to know if we can use Public Mobile on our Motorola "moto g6 play"?

Other details:

Type: M373B

MO#: YDML19723TSP

P/N: PAA30017CA

Since the M373B variant supports UMTS bands 2 and 5 (1900 and 850), it is compatible with Public Mobile.

Highlighted

Hi there, can you add Nokia 6.1 plus (aka Nokia X6) to the checker?

Phone lists the model & hardware as: TA-1083

Can you tell me if this phone is compatible? I currently use it on Telus network with no issues.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Lobsterwalsh according to this link it is https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/Compatability-of-Nokia-6-1/td-p/38985...

@Lobsterwalsh wrote:

Hi there, can you add Nokia 6.1 plus (aka Nokia X6) to the checker?

Phone lists the model & hardware as: TA-1083

Can you tell me if this phone is compatible? I currently use it on Telus network with no issues.

Thanks!

Highlighted

The 6.1 is different from the 6.1 plus, so I can't be sure it will work.

Highlighted

Samsung A10e

Highlighted

@alexxey1383 wrote:

Please add Honor 8x (also known as Honor View 10 Lite) version JSN-L21. I cant make calls and text

@alexxey1383 you've misunderstood how the list works:  It's not that adding a device to the list makes it compatible; it's that the list will let you know whether or not the device is compatible.  Compatibility is based on how the device was built, not on something Public Mobile can change.  Your device in particular (https://www.gsmarena.com/honor_8x-9313.php) is only partially compatible with the basic 3G (UMTS/W-CDMA/HSDPA) frequenies required.  PM runs on both 850MHz and 1900MHz 3G, while your phone only features the former of those two and not the latter.  This means it may work in some areas but not in others.  It's a poor choice for use on Public Mobile, Koodo, Telus, Virgin, Lucky, and Bell.  You can use it on the Rogers network (Rogers, Fido, or Chatr) but only until the end of this year, when Rogers will shut down their 2G GSM network.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Highlighted

@LawrenceDyck wrote:

Please include Samsung SM-J260Y\DS to your list. Thanks Lawrence

@LawrenceDyck your model (https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_j2_core-9255.php) has the same issue as I just described for the Honor 8x (https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Phones-Hardware/List-of-missing-devices-from-Compatib...).  The J260M/DS would give you better results as it features both 850MHz and 1900MHz 3S HSDPA

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.