cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Re: Introducing the new and improved phone compatibility checker

x2

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: List of missing devices from Compatibility Checker

The phone uses channels that Rogers uses.

Since public mobile is with Telus, it will be limited to 2g.

Check to see if the following bandwidths are available: UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA at 850/900/1900/2100 MHz

 

Update: Further research confirms the device not only does 900/2100 but also the quad band GSM channels and the Penta band LTE channels.

 

For full specs, see: https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/11f442c2

Re: List of missing devices from Compatibility Checker


@sageb1 wrote:

The phone uses channels that Rogers uses.

Since public mobile is with Telus, it will be limited to 2g.

Check to see if the following bandwidths are available: UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA at 850/900/1900/2100 MHz

 

Update: Further research confirms the device not only does 900/2100 but also the quad band GSM channels and the Penta band LTE channels.

 

For full specs, see: https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/11f442c2


Public Mobile/Telus doesn't have a 2g network. Quad band GSM (not used at Public Mobile) and pentaband LTE is irrelevant if it doesnt' have UMTS 850 or 1900MHz (bands 5 or 2) because phone calls won't work. Pentaband LTE doesn't mean anything other than 5 bands (doesn't mean those 5 are good for Public Mobile).

 

The specification link that you've provided also points to a phone that is virtually unusable at Public Mobile. It absolutely will not work with phone calls (if those specs are accurate), and data and text messaging services will have very poor coverage.

 

In short, someone should not buy this phone to use at Public Mobile, nor should anyone really purchase it to use on any Canadian carrier.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: List of missing devices from Compatibility Checker

Hi,

 

Will my ASUS Zenfone Max Pro (M2) work? Model number ASUS_X01BDA

Mayor / Maire

Re: List of missing devices from Compatibility Checker


@nybjams wrote:

Hi,

 

Will my ASUS Zenfone Max Pro (M2) work? Model number ASUS_X01BDA


@nybjams 

Here are the specs to your phone:

https://www.gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_max_pro_(m2)_zb631kl-9410.php

3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
4G bandsLTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 40(2300)

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

  • 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

It is missing several  bands to work with Public mobile.  This phone will likely not work well with Public mobile.  

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Re: List of missing devices from Compatibility Checker


@Dunkman wrote:
3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
4G bandsLTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 40(2300)

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

  • 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

It is missing several  bands to work with Public mobile.  This phone will likely not work well with Public mobile.  


You're right as it might work, but not well. If someone goes some place with no HSDPA 850MHz with that phone, voice won't work.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: List of missing devices from Compatibility Checker

Hi, how is the famous Huawei P10 not make it to the compatitablity list?

Mayor / Maire

Re: List of missing devices from Compatibility Checker

It should work if it the Global version.  The P20 & P30 work on the Telus network.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: List of missing devices from Compatibility Checker

Oppo Reno z! It uses 4G LTE but I can't seem to use my data Smiley Sad this makes me sad, I don't want to switch to another provider

Mayor / Maire

Re: List of missing devices from Compatibility Checker