cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

List of missing devices from Compatibility Checker

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Hi Community,

Thank you for the positive comments on the new phone compatibility checker. As you may know, we partnered with willmyphonework.net and utilize its extensive catalog of mobile devices. With that said, you’ve highlighted to us that there are devices that are not captured still, and we want to keep track of that here to provide feedback on a regular basis.

Please comment below your phone make and model that wasn’t found on our checker and we’ll be sharing on a monthly basis back to our partners.

Thanks,

Public Mobile Community Team

List of missing devices added (July 2019)

Click below to open the list of devices:

Spoiler
  • BlackBerry KeyOne 
  • BlackBerry Key2
  • BlackBerry Motion
  • OnePlus 7
  • Pixel 3a 
  • Moto G7 Play
  • Moto G Dual SIM
  • LG V20
  • LG V30
  • LG V40
  • Samsung Galaxy S10
  • Samsung Galaxy S10e
  • Samsung Galaxy A5
  • Samsung Galaxy A7
  • Samsung Galaxy A10
  • Xiaomi Redmi Note 7

List of missing devices added (August 2019)

Click below to open the list of devices:

Spoiler
  • BLU Studio C6L
  • Maxwest nitro 4x
  • Motorola G7 Play
  • Nokia 5
  • ASUS Zenfone 5z
  • Palm Phone PVG100
  • STK Device Family (Coming soon)

153 REPLIES 153

Selenako
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Huawei Mate 20 Pro

@gerriwalsh wrote:

is samsung galaxy a30  A305G compatable?

Yes, it is.  At the very least, you need a phone with 850 and 1900MHz on the 3g network.

gerriwalsh

is samsung galaxy a30  A305G compatable?

Soleybjork

I'm not entirely sure how to do that to be honest! I think I did it but I did not notice any change so maybe I was unsuccessful 

Soleybjork

Oppo Reno z! It uses 4G LTE but I can't seem to use my data 😞 this makes me sad, I don't want to switch to another provider

It should work if it the Global version.  The P20 & P30 work on the Telus network.

raztim

Hi, how is the famous Huawei P10 not make it to the compatitablity list?

@Dunkman wrote:
3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
4G bandsLTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 40(2300)

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

It is missing several  bands to work with Public mobile.  This phone will likely not work well with Public mobile.  

You're right as it might work, but not well. If someone goes some place with no HSDPA 850MHz with that phone, voice won't work.

@nybjams wrote:

Hi,

Will my ASUS Zenfone Max Pro (M2) work? Model number ASUS_X01BDA

@nybjams 

Here are the specs to your phone:

https://www.gsmarena.com/asus_zenfone_max_pro_(m2)_zb631kl-9410.php

3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
4G bandsLTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 40(2300)

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

It is missing several  bands to work with Public mobile.  This phone will likely not work well with Public mobile.  

nybjams

Hi,

Will my ASUS Zenfone Max Pro (M2) work? Model number ASUS_X01BDA

@sageb1 wrote:

The phone uses channels that Rogers uses.

Since public mobile is with Telus, it will be limited to 2g.

Check to see if the following bandwidths are available: UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA at 850/900/1900/2100 MHz

Update: Further research confirms the device not only does 900/2100 but also the quad band GSM channels and the Penta band LTE channels.

For full specs, see: https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/11f442c2

Public Mobile/Telus doesn't have a 2g network. Quad band GSM (not used at Public Mobile) and pentaband LTE is irrelevant if it doesnt' have UMTS 850 or 1900MHz (bands 5 or 2) because phone calls won't work. Pentaband LTE doesn't mean anything other than 5 bands (doesn't mean those 5 are good for Public Mobile).

The specification link that you've provided also points to a phone that is virtually unusable at Public Mobile. It absolutely will not work with phone calls (if those specs are accurate), and data and text messaging services will have very poor coverage.

In short, someone should not buy this phone to use at Public Mobile, nor should anyone really purchase it to use on any Canadian carrier.

sageb1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

The phone uses channels that Rogers uses.

Since public mobile is with Telus, it will be limited to 2g.

Check to see if the following bandwidths are available: UMTS/HSDPA/HSUPA at 850/900/1900/2100 MHz

Update: Further research confirms the device not only does 900/2100 but also the quad band GSM channels and the Penta band LTE channels.

For full specs, see: https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/11f442c2

Alunrm

x2

@wolfdrakan123 wrote:

i have a oukitel k10000 pro from china its not on your list can you put it on your list for me

If you have a version of this device that works for Public Mobile,  that's encouraging, but a quick look reveals that there is at least one version of the Oukitel K10000 Pro that does not work at Public Mobile for voice service. Some sellers of this are stating the UMTS frequencies of this phone as being 900MHz and 2100MHz.

wolfdrakan123

i have a oukitel k10000 pro from china its not on your list can you put it on your list for me

Woadwunner

My  G7 Thin Q is  not on the checker

@amylynn wrote:

Samsung Galaxy S4; SGH-I747M

That isn't a Galaxy S4.  That model number is for an S3.  It would be quite something if the checker was missing devices that Telus has sold themselves before.

amylynn

Samsung Galaxy S4; SGH-I747M

@rmk1980 wrote:

Kindly let me know if LG Q6 is compatible with Public Mobile ?

If it's from Telus or Koodo, or is unlocked from another Canadian carrier, then yes, it's definitely compatible.

rmk1980

Kindly let me know if LG Q6 is compatible with Public Mobile ?

AsIBreathe

Please add the Xioami mi 9t pro to your combatibility checker. 

wolfdrakan123

i have a no1 phone from china its not on your list

Tanukib

Hi I don't see 

Motorola Moto G7 Power

I'm noticing many people trying to help out by sharing details of devices that they have tested as working on Public Mobile.  Unfortunately, the list will never be 100% complete as there are always new devices coming out, some that some people might never even have heard of.

I wanted to add the importance of specifying not only the marketed model name, but also the variant name/version number/exact model number.  Simply saying Phonebrand A1 is not always enough.  While there are devices with model names that have many different (or even all) versions work at Public Mobile, there are also devices with model names that have versions that do not.

SquareOneX

Please add the Motorola One Vision (XT1970-3) to the selection

Devonmb

Please add the LgG6 ❤️

Keren16816

Please add HuaWei P30 Pro to the compatibility check list. Thank you.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Updated for August!

doglips

Please add Samsung Galaxy A50 & A20 to your checklist of compatible phones.  Thank you

Need Help? Let's chat.