cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lg g6 emergency calls only

mattg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Out of the blue I have only been able to make emergency calls with my phone.  I tried a factory reset, a network reset, turning the phone off and on, reseated the sim card.  I am not sure if it is an account issue or phone issue.  I am in halifax ns.

5 REPLIES 5

Dangobs
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

You know what I'm having the exact same issue with my G6 i woke up one morning and my phone wasn't working found out today it's not the sim and what do you know the warrantee expired a week before it did this 

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@will13am wrote:

@smp99 wrote:

I assume it was working fine before

You certainly did a number of good troubleshooting steps. 

I think it may be the SIM or the phone itself

Can you try the SIM in another phone and can you try somebody else's SIM in your phone.

Also, take the SIM out and lightly rub the chip side with a soft pencil eraser. That has helped me before.

I always (often) have a spare SIM on hand for me or one of my many PM friends in case this happens, and it does happen (rarely)  

It seems like people blame the SIM card a lot in this forum.  I have never experienced a SIM failure ever. 

Most likely account is suspended

Sim Card unlikely get defected

@smp99 wrote:

Can you try the SIM in another phone and can you try somebody else's SIM in your phone.

Also, take the SIM out and lightly rub the chip side with a soft pencil eraser. That has helped me before.

I always (often) have a spare SIM on hand for me or one of my many PM friends in case this happens, and it does happen (rarely)  

It seems like people blame the SIM card a lot in this forum.  I have never experienced a SIM failure ever. 

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@mattg, have you taken a look at your self serve account to see if it is in active status.  If the account is active, the problem is with the phone.  If the account is suspended, you will need to make a payment to restore service. 

Need Help? Let's chat.