cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Let's Talk Samsung Note8

DvAbCanEh
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm convinced I need a Note8 so bad!

Any PM owners of a Note8 out there and what is your thoughts beside the big price tag.

I got one question: I can buy an International version for $100 less. What and Why is there a differnece and will the International phone work on the PM system?

Eg. Best Buy $1300 and JP Mobile $1200  

5 REPLIES 5

@DvAbCanEh wrote:

Looking at Koodo Tab Deal that may be what @will13am intended but that would be a small savings to sell out my ethics and integrity. I still use an older Note phone so may just wait for some deals after the hype is past.

What's unethical about it?  This is more ethical than the monopoly power that the big 3 exerts on customers.  If there is any violations of the terms and conditions, remedies would be available to Koodo such as claw back of any economic inducements.  I am on record as having put in an order for a PH-1.  My conscience is guilt free.  

DvAbCanEh

Looking at Koodo Tab Deal that may be what @will13am intended but that would be a small savings to sell out my ethics and integrity. I still use an older Note phone so may just wait for some deals after the hype is past.

@DvAbCanEh I think @will13am was suggesting you get the discounted Note 8 from Koodo then cancel your service after a week. Your bill should be the "tab" balance, the SIM card fee,  plus a portion of the  monthly service charge.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

DvAbCanEh

Thanks for the reply. Still boils down to the best deal over 24 months. I'm faithful to PM with my plan and rewards. Not including GST buying a $1300 phone outright and my plan for 24 months runs about $2050 where as Koodo with the very basic $64/mon would run about $2540 by the time the phone was paid off. Compared to Telus basic about $2700 over 2 yrs.

The international version I mentioned in my first post was offered through Best Buy .ca linked to JP Mobile that made me think the Inter Version should work.

I have been watching Costco who normally stock top of the line Samsung and occasionally offer snap deals if you watch, nothing on Costco yet for high end Samsung.

I'm surprised there isn't more posts on this phone from PM community, does anyone own one?  smileylol: Maybe I could do a "First" like they do on Youtube.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@DvAbCanEh, I am not a Samsung owner myself.  I thought that Samsung puts region controls on their devices like DVD players.  As a minimum, certain LTE bands may not be available when you purchase phones not intended for sale in the US/Canada market.  If you want a cheap S8, why not buy it from Koodo.  From what I can tell, Koodo is offering a $531 activation credit for a large tab plan.  The balance is $591 based on $21 x 24 payments.  The ECF is simply the remaining tab balance. 

Need Help? Let's chat.