cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LTE advance

Todlich
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

If I purchase a phone that says it uses LTE advance, is that enough that I could be comfortable  it would work on PM?  

I am considering a Samsung Galaxy A5

Thanks to all for your input.

5 REPLIES 5

@will13am wrote:

Note that only band 5 doesn't have LTE+.  All others have LTE and LTE+.

I know I'm nitpicking here.... But LTE+ is an indicator on the phone that CA is being used with bandwidth larger than 20 MHz. It's not related to any specific band.

@Todlich wrote:

If I purchase a phone that says it uses LTE advance, is that enough that I could be comfortable  it would work on PM?  

I've merged duplciated threads together and move this topic to the Phones & Hardware category.

A phone having LTE-A/LTE+ is not the most important factor for determining a phone's compatibility with Public Mobile. Either way, a phone having LTE+ does not tell you which LTE bands are supported.

When purchasing a phone, you're going to want to have a phone that supports UMTS Bands 2 and/or 5 or you won't be able to make or receive any phone calls.

Just plain old LTE is fine.  Just be mindful that this service is throttled to 3 mbits/s.  This site provides information on all the LTE frequencies including LTE+.  Note that only band 5 doesn't have LTE+.  All others have LTE and LTE+.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telus_Mobility

Todlich
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Need Help? Let's chat.