cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG stylus 2 plus compatibility

argirovs
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have an LG stylus 2 plus and can't send MMS messages.  Right now, my phone band is set to LTE.  Is it neccesary to switch to 3G to send MMS messages on my particular phone?

5 REPLIES 5

argirovs

Thank you.  I am writing this on behalf of my uncle who doesn't know how to navigate the Public Mobile community.  I'll send this info onto him.

@argirovs wrote:

My data is working, but just can't send MMS.  When I checked the public mobile APN website, it lists LTE as not completely compatible with my phone so I figured that that was the problem.  When I tried to change the setting to 3G, I couldn't figure out how to do it.

If data works but mms does not and the problem is not with the mms proxy settings in the APN, then it could be an issue with the messenging app.  Maybe try a different messaging app if that is the problem. 

argirovs

My data is working, but just can't send MMS.  When I checked the public mobile APN website, it lists LTE as not completely compatible with my phone so I figured that that was the problem.  When I tried to change the setting to 3G, I couldn't figure out how to do it.

@argirovs wrote:

I have an LG stylus 2 plus and can't send MMS messages.  Right now, my phone band is set to LTE.  Is it neccesary to switch to 3G to send MMS messages on my particular phone?

That isn't necessary.

Data and MMS will work on either the 3g or LTE networks.  The only restriction is that LTE cannot be used for phone calls.  Is cellular data service working for you?

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@argirovs wrote:

@argirovs

Is data working? Has data ever been working?

Turn air plane mode ON then OFF. Do you have another phone to try your sim card in to see if MMS is working? Go into network search and try reconnecting to the network and make sure LTE is set to preferred (even if you have 3g)

The most likely cause is the APN. You need to configure your APN settings to be able to send pictures (MMS) and navigate on internet (DATA). Your "Mobile Data" needs to be activated.

Android 

Settings > More / More Networks / Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > New APN setting (or a plus sign)

Name: Public Mobile / Mobile Internet
APN: sp.mb.com
Proxy: Leave blank
Port: Leave blank
Username: Leave blank
Password: Leave blank
Server: Leave blank
MMSC: http://aliasredirect.net/proxy/mb/mmsc
MMSC proxy: 74.49.0.18
MMS port: 80
MCC: 302
MNC: 220
Authentication type: Leave blank
APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
APN enable/disable: APN enabled
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID
MVNO value: 4D4F

Select Save/Done. Select Public Mobile to connect to the Public Mobile network.  

APN Tethering Settings: 

Name: Tethered Mobile Internet
APN: isp.mb.com
Proxy: Not set
Port: Not set
Username: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: Not set
MMS proxy: Not set
MMS port: Not set
MCC: 302