cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 won't send picture messages

shegarty
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi all - I have a new to me (refurbished) LG V20 that I am having some issues with. When first setting it up I had some trouble getting it to connect to the data network but then I found this post and setup the APN accordingly. So, data is working now but I am unable to send a picture message. When I attempt to send a picture message or message with more than one emoji (my son loves them) the send fails right away - any ideas?

2 REPLIES 2

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@shegarty wrote:

Hi all - I have a new to me (refurbished) LG V20 that I am having some issues with. When first setting it up I had some trouble getting it to connect to the data network but then I found this post and setup the APN accordingly. So, data is working now but I am unable to send a picture message. When I attempt to send a picture message or message with more than one emoji (my son loves them) the send fails right away - any ideas?

@shegarty  In order to be able to send MMS you need to make sure that the APN Type contains mms when accessing your current APN settings.

APN type: default,mms,agps,supl,fota,hipri
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4
Bearer: Unspecified
MVNO type: GID

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

@shegarty Is your data turned on? If not turn it on. Also, LG phones often require a network reset when you change providers, you might want to do that too to be sure.

Texts don't use data, but it must be turned on to include emoji's pictures or send group messages.

Need Help? Let's chat.