cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG V20 won't send MMS

Rado001
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I recently bought an unlocked LG V20 LS997 and I can't send MMS - I tried multiple solutions I found here in the community and none of them work. 

I've tried settings from this post: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Setting-Up-Data-APN-On-Your-Ph....

I've also tried having 2 APNs from this post:  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Discussions/Can-t-send-or-receive-MMS/m-p/67317#M1705...

But I still can't send MMS. 

Any other suggestions?

6 REPLIES 6

mattdxb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Textra has a settings menu under Settings > MMS

You can try changing MMS Behavior from Legacy to System to see if it helps

Rado001

@mattdxb wrote:

What texting app are you using? Sometimes you need to make sure the app is using the right APN settings as well. And as already stated, even if you don't have data services, you need to make sure data is enabled so that MMS can be sent and received. 

@mattdxb - No APN access through UI on the text app side. Also, just tried looking for a way to modify APN settings via Settings / Apps - not available either. What did you mean when you said "Sometimes you need to make sure the app is using the right APN settings as well."? Where do access that?

Rado001

@mattdxb - Using both native text app as well as Textra.

I do have data service and it's enabled.

I'll look into app settings. From the user interface side, there is no way to access the APN setting inside the app. I'll try doing it through system and will report back.

Rado001

@NDesai - Nope. Data on, removed the second APN, MMS send fails. Data is on.

mattdxb
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

What texting app are you using? Sometimes you need to make sure the app is using the right APN settings as well. And as already stated, even if you don't have data services, you need to make sure data is enabled so that MMS can be sent and received. 

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

Try removing those added APNs and select the auto generated Mobile Internet (sp.mb.com) one and make sure your data is turned on when you send or receive mms. 

Need Help? Let's chat.