cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG K7 (2017) issues receiving calls

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I’m using a Xiaomi phone and have no issues making or receiving calls. When I try to call a family member from my own phone their K7 doesn't always ring, it's more than 50% of the time I'd say.  We are both on PM plans.  Gsmarena.com tells me the K7 is on android 6, but nothing about the radio types it has.  Could there be anything about the K7 that make it work intermittently with PM?

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@on2wheels I'm seeing two varaints of that phone:  X230I (for India) seems to have only 1900MHz (B2) 3G without 850MHz (B5), while the X230 (for Russia) seems to have only 850MHz (B5) 3G without 1900MHz (B2).  Since PM uses these two 3G frequencies for talk, having only one could definitely lead to intermittent issues with calls.  Probably not a great choice for us with Public Mobile, unfortunately.  EDIT: there is also a version for the Philippines, X230K, but the network details for it is not listed on GSM Arena.  (Source:  https://www.gsmarena.com/lg_k7_(2017)-8817.php)

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

on2wheels
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I did a reset on it when i first got it, since I used it on PM for a bit.  I do see the networks now, thanks, and yes it has all the ones my own phone has. Seems odd that it's the only number i have issues calling.  Too bad none of my friends are with PM for me to get more data.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@on2wheels wrote:

I’m using a Xiaomi phone and have no issues making or receiving calls. When I try to call a family member from my own phone their K7 doesn't always ring, it's more than 50% of the time I'd say.  We are both on PM plans.  Gsmarena.com tells me the K7 is on android 6, but nothing about the radio types it has.  Could there be anything about the K7 that make it work intermittently with PM?

@on2wheels  From a quick lookup online that phone only has the following bands:

4G: B5(850) & B7 (2600)

3G: None for NA?

2G: B2 & B5 (Will work on Rogers)

Edit: There is a NA T-Mobile version LG K7 4G K330 LTE if that is the one you have should work.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@on2wheels wrote:

The K7 appears to me to be a bit on the edge. Maybe you have a more exact model number?

On gsmarena, notice the little Expand word on the right side of the Network heading. Clicking that gives you more radio details.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@on2wheels, this definitely sounds like a phone issue.  The fact that you are able to connect to the network and make a call means the bands are compatible.  Gsmarena information suggests this phone has both 3G and LTE compatible bands.  Intermittent failures is a sure sign of software bugs.  Have you tried a factory reset to see if that fixes the problem. 

Need Help? Let's chat.