cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

LG G5 APN MNC cannot change from 370 to 220

Hi there,

 

I just activate my SIM (I think). Waiting for phone number to be transferred from Fido.

 

When I try to enter APN on my LG G5, if I change MNC default value 370 to 220 the setting doesn't get saved. The whole APN entry disappears!? Any idea why? Would this work if I leave 370 in there? I still didn't put PM SIM into the phone. Maybe that's the reason?

Re: LG G5 APN MNC cannot change from 370 to 220


@pmmr wrote:

Hi there,

 

I just activate my SIM (I think). Waiting for phone number to be transferred from Fido.

 

When I try to enter APN on my LG G5, if I change MNC default value 370 to 220 the setting doesn't get saved. The whole APN entry disappears!? Any idea why? Would this work if I leave 370 in there? I still didn't put PM SIM into the phone. Maybe that's the reason?


The 302-370 is just an identifier for the Fido "network" (Rogers network).  Give it a try.  You can't harm anything by seeing if it works. 

 

Some LG phones need the user to either do a network settings reset or a full factory reset (which will delete all content on your device so be sure to backup anythng you want to keep) in order for the customer to get data working.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: LG G5 APN MNC cannot change from 370 to 220


@pmmr wrote:

Hi there,

 

I just activate my SIM (I think). Waiting for phone number to be transferred from Fido.

 

When I try to enter APN on my LG G5, if I change MNC default value 370 to 220 the setting doesn't get saved. The whole APN entry disappears!? Any idea why? Would this work if I leave 370 in there? I still didn't put PM SIM into the phone. Maybe that's the reason?


@pmmr  What version of Android are you running?

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: LG G5 APN MNC cannot change from 370 to 220

8.0.0

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: LG G5 APN MNC cannot change from 370 to 220


@pmmr wrote:

8.0.0


@pmmr  With 8.0 you should be able to create a new APN entry with the correct values and then select it.

Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: LG G5 APN MNC cannot change from 370 to 220

Should be able to... and I do... if I don't change MNC value. Firts time I tried, I entered all values and selected "Save". I ended up with no APN created. Then I tried few more times with same result and then started entering one value at the time. That's how I figured it's when I change MNC that APN doesn't get saved. I'll try later when I put PM sim into the phone.

 

I'm waiting for phone number transfer. How do I know that's done? My Fido number is still active!?

 

Many thanks.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: LG G5 APN MNC cannot change from 370 to 220


@pmmr wrote:

Should be able to... and I do... if I don't change MNC value. Firts time I tried, I entered all values and selected "Save". I ended up with no APN created. Then I tried few more times with same result and then started entering one value at the time. That's how I figured it's when I change MNC that APN doesn't get saved. I'll try later when I put PM sim into the phone.

 

I'm waiting for phone number transfer. How do I know that's done? My Fido number is still active!?

 

Many thanks.


@pmmr  When your FIDO sim stops working then your port is complete.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Re: LG G5 APN MNC cannot change from 370 to 220

I have had to do a full factory reset on a LG G5 phone is make Public Mobile data work.  I had to back everything up first and then restore after the reset.

 

Once I did the reset, the SIM just worked with minimal configuration on my part.  This is a documented issue with the LG G5. 

Highlighted
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Re: LG G5 APN MNC cannot change from 370 to 220

Now that I inserted PM sim and I'm on PM network I see correct MNC value is there (220). I see two APNs that I'm guessing are from previous two attempts when I entered all values and saved but instead of saving, the APN just disappeared.

 

So I thing this should be noted someplace for people to know. Before you go on to setup APN, make sure you have your PM sim inserted into the phone. At least that was the lesson for me with LG G5 phone, Android 8.0.0.

 

I'm in WiFi zone now. Can't tell if I have data or not. I guess I'll find out soon.

 

Many thanks,

M.R.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Re: LG G5 APN MNC cannot change from 370 to 220


@pmmr wrote:

Now that I inserted PM sim and I'm on PM network I see correct MNC value is there (220). I see two APNs that I'm guessing are from previous two attempts when I entered all values and saved but instead of saving, the APN just disappeared.

 

So I thing this should be noted someplace for people to know. Before you go on to setup APN, make sure you have your PM sim inserted into the phone. At least that was the lesson for me with LG G5 phone, Android 8.0.0.

 

I'm in WiFi zone now. Can't tell if I have data or not. I guess I'll find out soon.

 

Many thanks,

M.R.


@pmmr

 To test just temporarily switch off WiFi.