cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 not connected to cellular data

mm623
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hello!

Recently joined PM. Did my research, phone is compatible with network.

I have searched through the forums and have set my APN to exactly what was given and still have no luck with DATA.

Please let me know what I am doing wrong.

Thanks

37 REPLIES 37

imm1304
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Wish one of these quick fixes had worked.  

Lets wait for one of the moderators to refresh from their end.  Hang in there.  

mm623

@imm1304 hey!

1. yes

2. yes

3. just tried that ... didn't work

imm1304

Hi @mm623!

I am a fellow G4 user.  Any luck with @srlawren's suggestions?  

Although rather basic, I want to make sure couple of things:

1. Is mobile data enabled in the Settings > Network?  
  2. Under Settings > Network > More > Network Mode .. is preferred network type set as "GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto"?  
  3. Under Access Point Names, please verify that there is only 1 APN and delete any additional APN's.  As you have said that you looked up on the forum and verified the apn settings already, I would like you to add one more thing -->  APN type: default,mms,supl   No spaces after comma.  Reboot.

Let us know if any of these helped.  

mm623

@srlawren thanks I will try that.

srlawren

@mm623 H812 is great.  I'm not surprised that MMS is not working, since it requires a data connection (even though MMS messages do not come out of your 4GB data bucket).  So at this point it's either your APN is not configured correctly, or there may be an issue in the system at PM.  I'm flagging @Shazia_K and @Mary_M, our community moderators (PM staff) to assist you further.  Hopefully they can get your data up and running quickly.

In the meantime, as weird as it sounds, try this:  power off your G4, take out the SIM card (and I think the battery is removable?--if so, take it out too).  Wait about 60 seconds or more, then re-insert the SIM (and battery if applicable) and power the phone back on.  Occasionally this seems to resolve things on its own.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mm623

Hey @srlawren thanks for the quick reply!

1) H812

2) call and texts are working but mms isn't

3) I do have a data plan 4g/3months, 0 used so far.

srlawren

Hi @mm623, welcome to Public Mobile, and to the community!  Pardon if these questions seem redundant or silly but just trying to gather as much info as possible.

1) What is the sub-model of your G4?  There are several variants of the G4, such as:  H815 (EMEA), H815TR (Turkey), H815T (Hong Kong), H815P (LATAM, South Africa), H812 (Canada), H810 (AT&T), H811 (T-Mobile), LS991 (Sprint), VS986 (Verizon), US991 (US Cellular).  

2) I gather talk and text are working okay for you, and it's just data that isn't working?  Or are you on a data-only plan and therefore nothing is working?

3) You did choose a data option of some kind in your plan, right?  If you sign into Self-Serve, does it show your account as active, and you have data remaining?  both show on the Overview page when you first sign in.  The data for exampe shows in a section titled My Add-ons, and shows as a number x / y where y is the amoutn in your plan, and x is the amount you've used.  As long as y - x > = you should have data remaining that you can use.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.