cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 - DATA WON'T WORK

Meganmac812
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello everyone,

I registered on the network and followed all the APN settings and my data still isn't working. Everything else works. What can I do?

-Frustrated

9 REPLIES 9

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Have you done a factory reset?

Have you tried putting sim into another phone to isolate account vs hardware issue?

Meganmac812
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

It is still not working and I have read a million threads lol this is getting bothersome.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This sounds like a network thing.  I just don't understand why carrier brands insist on putting customers through all sorts of hoops when switching carriers.  Even if the carriers want this feature included, refuse.  Apple is able to tell the carriers to buzz off.  Other manufactures should do the same.  The ultimate customer is the customer not the carriers.  

mimmo

@Meganmac812. Did you ever get your data to work?

This was the thread I was referring to

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Setting-up-Data-APN-on-your-phone/ta-p...

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@el56wrote:

I checked them out.

I'm using Tasker.

Oooooh Tasker.... my favourite app. 🙂 That should do it, I would've mentioned it before but most people are not up to the, uh, task of learning it. Good on you!

el56
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@koimr1wrote:

Would either of these work for you? 

Silencer: Do Not Disturb app

Do Not Disturb

(Got these from the OnePlus 5T forum from XDA: Scheduled Do Not Disturb

I checked them out.

I'm using Tasker.

koimr1
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@el56wrote:

FWIW, I started my PM service with a G4 and never had any problems. Plugged in the SIM and off it went. Then again, it was the European mode (H815).

Moved away from it when I realized that LG was going to stop doing software updates less than two years after release. I really liked the phone, one of the last flagships with a removable battery. Especially nice was the leather back. But it had reliability problems and I couldn't trust it for my daily phone. Replaced it with a Oneplus 5T (the guy in the Koodo store had never even heard of oneplus) and (with one exeption*) am very happy.

* I like having a hardware switch to turn off the ringer, but I really dislike that in return I can't schedule Do Not Diturb overnight. 

Would either of these work for you?

Silencer: Do Not Disturb app

Do Not Disturb

(Got these from the OnePlus 5T forum from XDA: Scheduled Do Not Disturb )

el56
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

FWIW, I started my PM service with a G4 and never had any problems. Plugged in the SIM and off it went. Then again, it was the European mode (H815).

Moved away from it when I realized that LG was going to stop doing software updates less than two years after release. I really liked the phone, one of the last flagships with a removable battery. Especially nice was the leather back. But it had reliability problems and I couldn't trust it for my daily phone. Replaced it with a Oneplus 5T (the guy in the Koodo store had never even heard of oneplus) and (with one exeption*) am very happy.

* I like having a hardware switch to turn off the ringer, but I really dislike that in return I can't schedule Do Not Diturb overnight. 

mimmo

Do a network settings reset and if that doesn't work factory reset.

It's a known lg bug

For a good readon this topic search for *term* and PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) and replace *term* with apn

Need Help? Let's chat.