cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LG G4 APN

ech_786
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

I am writing hopefully to get some answers ...

Long story short, I moved from Koodo and using LG G4, when I installed PM's sim ...everything works except data ..

I have changed APN manually as well ...did't work 😞

Thanks to community help ...they have advised me factory reset my phone ...it was pain but no choice so had to do that ...but after that everything is working now ..(so far, fingers crossed).

But I have noticed APN is not the same as it was mentioned on community webpage, please see my print shots...

What is the main difference between Mobile internet and Tethered Mobile Internet?  These are being populated automatically.

please let me know if these are okay and why I have different than what was provided on the webpage.

Screenshot_2016-11-17-08-50-22.pngScreenshot_2016-11-17-08-50-29.pngScreenshot_2016-11-17-08-50-33.png

3 REPLIES 3

ech_786
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Thank you folks ..

I didn't have these before but i see these two APNs, and funny thing is I don't see any PM there instead I see MB there ...which is not sure what it is ..

Oh well ..I leave as is ... may be one of Mod shed some lights @Brooke_C

vn33
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You are good to go!

The second APN is the older method for tethering your computer/device to your phone. You don't need to worry about if you're already using the LG G4. I assumed it was populated automatically for backward compatibility (to cover all the bases)

jordanharris01
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

If it works, just go with it. I have no idea, either. Your settings are how they used to tell you to input them.

I'm also using an LG G4 and ran into the same issues, with the factory reset but my settings (as you have them) didnt' work so I just started altering things I new I could change and after I removed the info from the "APN Type" field, that's when data kicked in so I posted that info and left it at that.

I truly don't understand why it works for some and not for others but, if you have data, you're all set.

Sorry I can't provide better info than that!

Ps. I also don't have a tethered APN setting and I can tether no problem. Again, not sure why.

Need Help? Let's chat.