cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keeps disconnecting from Network

IceCookie
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, 

I recently ported my number to Public Mobile. My connection keeps disconnecting from the network and I am not able to use the phone. Samsung S7
I have tried all this

• switching off my phone and turning it on.
  • changed my sim card to a different phone 
  • Changing network mode
  • setting up APN
  • Calling up previous network provider to make sure my phone is unlocked. 
  • I have an additional number on Public Mobile and everything works fine on it.

Please help me resolve this. 

10 REPLIES 10

pankajjoshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Tks for educating us Computergeek541

@pankajjoshi wrote:

have you tried setting vpn code 

Neither VPN nor APN settings are related to connecting the network. APN settiings only need to be there to use data.

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@IceCookie to reset network settings

1. Open Settings>General Management>Reset
2. Tap Reset Network Settings>Tap Reset Settings
If prompted enter your pin, passcode
3. Tap Reset Settings 1 more time to confirm
4. Restart

test

pankajjoshi
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

have you tried setting vpn code 

Staliger
Mayor / Maire

@IceCookie For that SIM, network is disconecting on the other phone as well? or works fine? If disconnects, then contact mods for this case.

@IceCookie try resetting your network settings and restart your phone if it doesn't automatically do so.  Stay safe. 

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@IceCookie 

Test your SIM card on a known working phone.  If it is still not working, It is time to create a moderator support ticket for help using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/
Tell SIMon what is the issue (important) - "Cannot connect to network"

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@IceCookie  You say that you have two PM sim cards. Try the PM sim card that works in your S7 phone. If the network connectivity problems go away that means it's an account issue with the problem PM sim card.

Submit a ticket to Pm and ask them to check you port status and reset your account. To submit a ticket to the Moderator Team, please start a conversation with the Public's virtual assistant, SIMon by clicking  here or the icon (bottom right of your screen).

s.JPG

If you are still having problems contacting Public Mobile then click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Try rebooting your phone If you still need assistance then submit a ticket to a moderator by clicking on the question mark on the bottom right.

AE_Collector
Mayor / Maire

Didn’t work with your SIM card in the other phone either? Was that your other working Public Mobile phone that you put your SIM card into?

Does it show that you are connected to Public Mobile top left of screen?

AE_Collector

Need Help? Let's chat.