cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just registered with Public Mobile, my phone is asking me to "enter network unlock code"

JMO
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried 1234 which someone said to try and it didn't work. What should do from here, do I need to talk to a moderator?

7 REPLIES 7

JMO

Thanks everyone, will call Virgin now

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@JMO wrote:

I tried 1234 which someone said to try and it didn't work. What should do from here, do I need to talk to a moderator?

It is a locked phone. The message means that and that's for sure. Moderators can't do anything. Get code from old provider. Who said try 1234? That's a terrible idea. Don't guess unless you want to permanently lock phone. Code to unlock from a  network isn't guessable.

Hi @JMO 

Virgin mobile is obligated to provide you with the unlock pin after 90 days of service.

Phone manufacture as well

Give them a call or even better go for the live chat seems to be faster

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Seems Virgin do lock phones to their system so it will need to be unlocked. Have a look at this site  https://www.virginmobile.ca/en/support/faq.html?q=unlocking-your-phone&province=ON&geoResult=failed 

@JMO 

Contact Virgin Mobile customer service and ask them.  Likely locked phone.  VM will offer the code for free.  

JMO

I was with Virgin Mobile, is there anyway to know if it was unlocked or not?

Lar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@JMO  Is your phone unlocked from your last provider?  If not then you will need to contact them to get it uhlocked.  Cheers

Need Help? Let's chat.