cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just encountered this issue with Alcatel Idol 3 5.5 In phone, very odd

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I just encountered this issue with my Alcatel Phone, since Yesterday.

Ya know how when a phone freezes or acts up solution is normally to do NOT a Factory Reset, just that hold power button down and wait for phone to hard reset reboot, well, its constantly doing that repeatedly, and have to use a spare phone because the Alcatel is in essence useless.

Bought it from a Telus store, Nexgen Wireless, BUT because of fact that I'm a PM Client and NOT Directly a Telus Client, and of course PM is a BYOD, repair stuff can be very painful, wished really if PM really had a Repair Shop Partner for cases like this, as if we use a local, no guarantee of proper repair job, but still my first time of having an issue like this. Wish if a PM Rep can help me on this, like @Shazia_K, or @Jeremy_M, or @Mary_M p[lease?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5

It happens to high end phone like Samsung s6. The bootloop problem on s6 happened over night with someone i know. Service center said its the main board. It could be something else but who has that time to analyze all components. When there is a issue with internal component like the main board, there is nothing you can do. 

h3ccubu5
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
So to clarify, you performed a factory reset and you still have the boot loop, or you weren't able to do the factory reset?

My first time encountering such a unique and almost hilarious issue

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

No, Battery Cover can't come out. Plus I had to press Power Button and Vol Up to get the debug screen and then tried both Fac Reset and Power down, same issue popping. Very funny indeed

McLaren
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Sounds like it's in a boot loop. Can the battery be pulled out?

Try booting to recovery mode by holding power and volume down together 

Need Help? Let's chat.