cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just added to CPO Store: Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 4 XL.

LeePublic
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

On the Certified Pre Owned Store, PM now offers the Google Pixel 3 and Pixel 4 XL.

the prices are:

Pixel 3 $329 Like New 64 GB (Light) Pink

Pixel 4 XL $539 Like New 64 GB White

Not too bad for the prices..... except the Pixel 3 is about to EOL on security updates, but it should receive the Android 12 update this month.

43 REPLIES 43

@rossputin 

Well that price didn't last long for the 5a I think I blinked and it was gone!!

@pkaraa 

Hey I don't get free lounge passes.....😔

pkaraa

@darlicioushaven't checked that with Amex cos I have never went into deep sea or rollercoaster with my phone in my shirt pocket. lol.

If needed, that insurance is provided by my Aventura infinite which I use only for booking flights cos it has all kind of trip insurances and 4 premium lounge passes per year. 🙂

Card is free with the account 😉

@pkaraa 

So a little different.....the deductible and depreciation is for the additional device insurance when you lean over the dock and your phone goes for a deep sea dive or it flies out of your pocket on a rollercoaster or pickpocket bumps into you at the Trevi Fountain. That's the extra device protection insurance I'm talking about.

pkaraa

@darlicious double the warranty at no additional cost. If manufacturer gave 1 year and you purchased extended for one more year then it covers for two more years.

Replacement or refund of the paid price. 

Just want to share that Once I had AMEX privilege business GOLD card for business which also covers the downtime till your device is being replaced but I gave up that card for two reasons.. $349 annual fee and second... Unlimited buying power which was scary in case of lost/stolen card.

@pkaraa 

To be clear your amex has separate device insurance over and above the extended warranty and the 90 day lost/stolen new purchase insurance?

pkaraa

@darlicious I have AMEX and there is no deductible and no depreciation with same double the manufacturer warranty.

I have used once for an air-fryer and it was pretty straight forward.  

Little off topic. 

@rossputin 

Swiftronics is a Canadian retailer with 3 locations in the GTA. They do charge for shipping but you can also do 4 payments with sezzle if you need a little wiggle room to pay for it.

rossputin
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Hey. Thanks @darlicious !!!

Seems a bit steep since $449 US is about $560 Canadian.

Regardless good to know and very much appreciate you telling me! 

@softech 

There are 4 versions : google pixel 6 128gb/256gb and pixel 6 pro 128gb/256gb. B&H Photo has these listed at US $599/$699 and $899/$999 making the equivalent price in Canadian funds approximately $750/$875 and $1125/$1250. Canadians are getting a better price than the US.

@darlicious 

yes, I used my sister's

@gpixel 

Lol....I almost messed up this month too....my annual credit card fee gets charged October 1st and totally slipped my mind. I logged into my bank on the 2nd to see the annual fee charged on my card. I quickly switched accounts to VIP $30/month account and prayed. I logged on yesterday to see the charge reversed. I will switch back to the basic account in a couple of days. Ill get a prorated account fee of about $20 in exchange for waiving the $120+$50 (supplementary card)=$170

I hope you used a referral code when you registered for koho?!!😃

@darlicious 

yup, you are dealalicious! I forgot that you are the master 😖. I bow down... I finally registered for koho and it's awesome! 

@gpixel 

$0 it comes with my card.

@darlicious 

so how much are you paying for this warranty?

rossputin

@darlicious @Quigley 

I think I'm out of luck with the cc method. I'll call to make sure but this seems clear.

"Extended Warranty Coverage is only available when the full cost of personal items with an Original Manufacturer’s Warranty valid in Canada"

@gpixel 

My visa avion has device protection insurance with extended warranty ( 2 years instead of 1). The device protection insurance is for two years and covers lost, stolen or accidental damage. The deductible is 10% of the assessed value for depreciation of 2% per month. (ie. If the phone was purchased for $800 and lost 6 months later the coverage starts 90 days after purchase 2%=$16 per month ×6=$96. $800 - $96=$704. 10% of $704=$70.40. $704-$70.40=$633.60 towards the replacement cost of the mobile phone. There is no additional cost to me for this coverage. 

rossputin

@gpixel I think you are thinking of extended warranties or extra coverage. Not just warranty.

Every phone I've ever had has had a warranty.  I'm pretty sure no new phone excludes such.  Otherwise no one would buy it.  You'd be out of pocket day 2 if it broke down day 1.

@darlicious 

if your device has an issue and you return it for a different model etc. you will have to pay again for the new phone. so you're paying for the warranty and now you're paying more money for the return device. when you can just bring it to Crystal mall or a cell repair shop and pay less money.

yes you can purchase phones without warranties. 

say one buys a phone from a provider and the company offers you a warranty for your device if any issues should arise. now you're paying an extra $7-12/month on top of your phone bill. say there aren't any issues. you're giving that money away for free. if there are issues, you still have to pay them $150+ just to get another phone. 

if you do the math over a 2 year contract.

this is a scam... 

this is why PM's phones are so expensive. because the warranty is built into the price

rossputin

@darlicious (and @Quigley ) what an excellent idea!  Via my credit card. I'll double check but I think mine has such warranty!??  Thanks for the tip

And I agree, just because it crosses an imaginary border shouldn't nullify the warranty.

Any idea from where to buy online (I don't anticipate traveling to the U.S. anytime soon)?

rossputin

@gpixel How can a warranty be a scam?  I'd never buy a new phone that didn't have one.  In fact, I doubt you could! Can you?

@rossputin 

fyi warranties are legitimate scams... no offence. 

pkaraa

Pixel 3 XL is a good phone. Only concern is for how long it will be getting security packs and all the latest apps will work on it.

@darlicious 

I was going to post the same thing, because I have one of those CC with that perk!

@rossputin 

Sometimes in life, you gotta take a risk if it's worth it. In this case, it is.  Of all the phones I have, I have never had to use a warranty.    It's not like you're buying a car or a major appliance.  But that's just me.

@rossputin 

That depends. Not in the scenario presented by @Quigley . But if you purchase it with a premium card that has extended warranty or even better device insurance then you should be fine. If you are travelling (or not) why should you be denied a warranty because you bought a phone other than from your home country? If you are ordering online just read the websites policy carefully.

rossputin

That occurred to me but my understanding is warranty would not be transferable to Canada.

@rossputin 

If you know someone who lives in the USA or Japan, have them buy it for you and send it to you later 😉

That's what I'm doing!

rossputin

It's a shame the 5a wasn't released in Canada.  It seemed like the perfect compromise.

Need Help? Let's chat.