cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jethro SC-318 Compatibility

mikeor
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Just purchased this for my senior mother in-law thru Walmart.  We liked the base and big buttons.

It operates at 3G frequencies 850/1900/2100 Mhz.  

We do do not need it for data -- voice only.

The list of compatible phones did not list any Jethro phones.

Will it be compatible?IMG_2859.JPG

10 REPLIES 10

@angieszhu wrote:

I have a Jethro SC318, and it works great with public mobile. As far as I know, Jethro phones work with every Canadian carriers except for Wind.

won't work at Videotron either or Eastlink Wireless

angieszhu

I have a Jethro SC318, and it works great with public mobile. As far as I know, Jethro phones work with every Canadian carriers except for Wind.

@mikeor  My mother has a different model Jethro phone working on the TELUS network and if it works on Telus it will work on Public Mobile. 

Jethro phones are advertised as uncomplicated cell phones for the senior market. They should all be unlocked I believe and are inexpensive in the $60 to $125 range when I looked at them more than a year ago.

That said, there is no such thing as an uncomplicated cell phone when comparing to a landline phone. You have to power them up. Sometimes you have to push the correct button before you can enter a number to call. You have to know what button to push to “send” and @another to “end”. All things that aren’t required on landline phones. And if only being used once in a long while, non of the instructions you give to use it will ever be remembered or even intuitive.

Then if you enter a bunch of numbers in the phone directory, finding and using them is another close to impossible thing to accomplish for people who weren’t in the cell phone world until now. 

Just saying the easy to use advertising doesn’t mean they are easy to use for everyone....

Terry

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikeor wrote:

Awesome.

Thanks for the quick response.

Love this Community!

Don't let anybody tell you there's no support here. Yes if you need account issues fixed will currently take a couple few days but really how often do you need to talk about account issues.

When signing up be sure to use an open, un-altered browser without filters and add-ons and such. Javascript and cookies on too.

And if you have a referral then don't forget that.

mikeor

Awesome.

Thanks for the quick response.

Love this Community!

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@mikeor  Yes, it's compatible 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@mikeorAs long as it is unlocked.. it should be fine.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@mikeor wrote:

Just purchased this for my senior mother in-law thru Walmart.  We liked the base and big buttons.

It operates at 3G frequencies 850/1900/2100 Mhz.  

We do do not need it for data -- voice only.

The list of compatible phones did not list any Jethro phones.

Will it be compatible?

Should be fine.

Need Help? Let's chat.