cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with incoming calls going to voice mail

RichardLL
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I just purchased a prepaid plan with unlimited province wide talk and unlimited international texting yesterday. I set it up at Wal-Mart no problem. Tested it as soon as I got out of Wal-Mart and the phone worked. Dialed my home phone number, hung-up after confirming, sent a text to test it and that worked.

Fast forward to today and I'm testing my phone out to receive calls. Anytime I try to call from any number it's just going straight to voicemail. I've tried all the options in voicemail, turning on/off DND mode, checking all the settings on my phone for some option, restarting the phone, pulling the battery out and reseating the SIM card, but nothing is working.

I'm currently using an RCA 5" phone which is unlocked. I have no other plan so I haven't transferred numbers or anything. I've looked it up quite a bit online and on the forums here. Nothing seems to have helped so far.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable

@brendamayer wrote:

Hello, anytime anyone tries to call me it goes right to voicemail. although outgoing calls and text seem to work no problem.

Did you just join Public Mobile and did you port over a number from elsewhere?

If so then give it a few hours. In the meantime you could keep using your old service.

brendamayer
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello, anytime anyone tries to call me it goes right to voicemail. although outgoing calls and text seem to work no problem.

RichardLL

Thanks for the info on that. I'll just let them go through.

So I found the issue actually was the phone itself. I know it's an off-brand RCA phone from Canadian Tire, but I didn't think it would actually have reception issues that bad. My brother sent an LG G3 for me to use and it's working better now! I can actually receive calls. Just goes to show to spend a little more money on something good or do some more research with phones before you get one.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help.

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@RichardLL wrote:

...The plan I'm under is the $25 Unlimited Province and Unlimited International Texting. Tried calling my brother in Slocan as well and it was stating that long distance charges may apply. What is going on?

Just add +1 to all of your numbers and don’t be afraid of any extra charges since you are on prepaid service. Woman Wink

RichardLL

I'll just make a mention that my texting appears to have stopped working now too. I was able to text someone in Australia last night and call someone locally. The plan I'm under is the $25 Unlimited Province and Unlimited International Texting. Tried calling my brother in Slocan as well and it was stating that long distance charges may apply. What is going on?

RichardLL

Yeah, I just got the plan new with a brand new phone number. I've contacted the moderators and I'll try to go from there. Thanks for trying though! Much appreciated.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RichardLL did you port in a phone number from another provider or take a new phone number?  If you ported, have you rebooted your phone at all since leaving Walmart?  If not, I'd suggest you do that right away and try it.  If it's still not working, your port likely failed and you will need to contact the moderator team to assist.  If you took a new phone number and are experiencing this behaviour, you should defintiely private message the moderators right away to check the provisioning/activation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Sounds like you might need to have a moderator take a look at your account. Send them a DM with your info and they can look into things on their end. Sorry I can’t be more help than that...

RichardLL

That did not work either. Thanks for trying though.

RichardLL

Calling out and texting works fine. This plan doesn't have any data included since I'm just using it for calling. When I try to call my own number it just goes straight to voicemail without even ringing.

MacMe

You can try going into your phone's Cellular Network settings and manually selecting "Public Mobile" as your Network Operator. 

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

What happens when you try to call out, text or use data? What does the phone say cellular connection wise?

LEGO

@RichardLL 

You will need to send a private message to a Moderator_Team so they can check provisioning on your account to resolve your problem!
Here is the link: click here
In your message, please provide your name, Public Mobile account number or phone number and PIN.
Good luck! Woman Happy

Contact Support hours of operation:
Monday - Friday 9AM (EDT) - 9PM (EDT) Saturday - Sunday 9AM (EDT) - 7:30PM (EDT)

Need Help? Let's chat.