cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue with incoming callers accessing land-line voicemail when public mobile cell is call forwarded

LK1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When I call forward to my land-line it works well except for if I miss the call. If I miss the call the call doesn't go to my land-line voicemail at all. Instead, the caller gets a strange voicemail message saying to "please enter a mailbox number or to enter the number of the person you'd like to leave a message for" rather than actually just going to my land-line voicemail. Does anyone know why this is happening?
Thank you 🙂 Leanne

3 REPLIES 3

LK1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

This is exatly what I needed to know - thanks so much for your help!

Leanne

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@LK1  Check out the following article and specifically the call forwarding section on how to ensure the different options are setup correctly.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/How-To-Use-Your-Phone-and-Plan-Feature...

Anonymous
Not applicable

@LK1 wrote:

When I call forward to my land-line it works well except for if I miss the call. If I miss the call the call doesn't go to my land-line voicemail at all. Instead, the caller gets a strange voicemail message saying to "please enter a mailbox number or to enter the number of the person you'd like to leave a message for" rather than actually just going to my land-line voicemail. Does anyone know why this is happening?
Thank you 🙂 Leanne

There are 4 different kinds of call forwarding.

Call forward all

Call forward when busy

Call forward when no answer

Call forward unavailable

Check your phone dialer settings. Obviously particularly the no answer option.

Need Help? Let's chat.