cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the iPhone 12 series compatible?

coriikins28
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I currently have an iPhone 11 Pro. Considering switching to iPhone 12 Pro or Pro Max. Are these phones compatible with Public Mobile? Can I just pop my current SIM in the iPhone 12 Pro and it work?

12 REPLIES 12

JVH
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

What is meant by "esims"?

You can keep your same plan.  You just need to swap the sim into your new phone.

ldafoe78

Hi! Wondering if you made the switch without any issues. I'm looking to go from a iphone 7 to a 12 Pro soon. Did you have to upgrade your PM plan or anything? 

Cheers! L

iPhone 12 is compatible with PM.  It is difficult to keep the list of phones currently updated as the number of new phones being released are numerous.

@natdaudet wrote:

Hey - I'm also in the same boat looking at switching to an iPhone 12. Do you know why it's not listed as a compatible phone with PM?

The list is not exhaustive.

natdaudet

Hey - I'm also in the same boat looking at switching to an iPhone 12. Do you know why it's not listed as a compatible phone with PM?

Actually the new phone should copy the old one by setting beside each other. Google the process. 

Camera4617
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Yes, PM does work with iPhone 12 as I'm using it. Also, if you set up your new phone with backup from your old, then all should work without any issues. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@coriikins28  All newer iPhones are compatible with Public Mobile.

Pop and reboot. 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Set up should be the same pop sim in and good to go.  Pm does not support esims though not that it matters I don't think.

Need Help? Let's chat.