cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is the Samsung Galaxy A32 5G compatible with the Public mobile SIM card?

LT3
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I wanted to know if it is compatible as I recently ordered that specific Samsung model. If you know of this, please let me know. thank you. 

12 REPLIES 12

@LT3 wrote:

My current SIM card is a Micro SD for my Samsung Galaxy S4, would that fit in the Galaxy A32 5G phone for public mobile? thanks. 

no, as mentioned above, you will need a nano SIM..

HOWEVER,  take your SIM card out to see if there is a "frame" outside of your micro SIM.  If so, you can remove the frame to make it nano SIM and use it on A32

@LT3

Your A32 probably takes a nano that you could snap out of the micro frame. Then just keep the micro frame just in case.

LT3

My current SIM card is a Micro SD for my Samsung Galaxy S4, would that fit in the Galaxy A32 5G phone for public mobile? thanks. 

@LT3 

Just keep the larger size frames in case you need to use your S4 as a back up. Enjoy your A32. My 2017 model is still ticking along nicely. Curiously does your fm radio work on it?

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@LT3 wrote:

I also wanted to add that I currently am using a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I with public mobile for this. I wanted to know if I can transfer from my Samsung galaxy S4 SIM card to the Samsung galaxy A32 phone.

@LT3 

They have different SIM slot sizes, Your current phone should have an adapter that can be gently snapped out to fit in the A32.

IF it is an older SIM, maybe it needs to be cut-cell shops can cut them down to fit.

esjliv_0-1625449720343.png

EDIT, if you do have an older style SIM and are not able to have it cut, then obtaining a new SIM and having the Moderators swap your SIM number for you is another option.

@LT3 wrote:

I also wanted to add that I currently am using a Samsung Galaxy S4 and I with public mobile for this. I wanted to know if I can transfer from my Samsung galaxy S4 SIM card to the Samsung galaxy A32 phone.

Unlesss you have very old Public Mobile SIM card, a section of plastic can be removed to change it to nano size.

S4 uses Micro SIM while A32 uses nano SIM

is your S4 SIM one of those Tri-cut SIM card?  If so, just pop out the "frame" to make it a nano.. if not, you will have to get a new SIM..  Amazon has it for $5 for Prime members with 2 day shipping. . 

LT3

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@LT3 wrote:

I wanted to know if it is compatible as I recently ordered that specific Samsung model. If you know of this, please let me know. thank you. 

Hello @LT3 

This phone should be just fine.

.Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).

Please note that this information is indicative only. Your phone's compatibility with our 4G or 4G LTE networks is based on the radio frequencies of your phone. Public Mobile does not guarantee that your phone will work on our mobile network.

Always good to check whether a phone will work with any provider, especially Public Mobile. Use more than one source to be sure.

https://www.kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker/CA

https://willmyphonework.net

Yes, it is.   

But, there are different version of this phone.  If you are buying it off a store in Canada or even Amazon.ca, it would be no problem.  If you got it from another country other than US, then just confirm the exact spec, confirm the band/frequency it supports

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@LT3 

Yes, this phone is compatible with PM.

Here are the specs:

https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_a32_5g-10648.php

3G bandsHSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
 HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100
 HSDPA 850 / 1700(AWS) / 1900 / 2100 - SM-A326U
4G bands1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 17, 20, 26, 28, 38, 40, 41, 66

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 12, 13, 20, 25, 26, 38, 39, 40, 66, 71 - SM-A326U

Public Mobile uses the following frequency bands:

• 4G LTE and LTE Advanced: 700 MHz, 850 MHz, 1900 MHz and 2100 MHz downlink and 1700 MHz uplink (AWS).  band 12, band 5, band 2, band 1, band 4
  • HSPA: 850 MHz, 1900 MHz (UMTS).   B2, B5

@LT3 wrote:

It should be fine but which variant is it and where did you order it from?  Different versions will have different network type of frequency specifications.

Need Help? Let's chat.