cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my iPhone 6S locked? SIM issues

cristinjay
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

14831EF4-0131-419F-9207-64AFBFFB5D3A.png

I got this message when trying to put the Public Mobile SIM in my iPhone 6S. I bought this phone off kijiji so I’m not sure if it’s locked or where it’s locked to, but when I look at my device settings - it says my network is Public Mobile,

What does this mean? Help lol

edited by computergeek541: image removed

8 REPLIES 8

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@cristinjay  any updates for us?

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@cristinjay 

Another site showing unlocked (again not sure as I'm getting mixed results) really need you to plug into iTunes. However this site is kind of promising as it shows your IMEI, Serial and MEID..I blocked the endings out but if the beginnings match yours. Might be a good sign maybe. Figures crossed. Goodnight got to go!

Screenshot_20210107_000040.jpg

@cristinjay  bah. Tried a few more sites still getting mixed results. Some say locked some say unlocked. Dont have time tonight to dig deeper and find what carrier it came from. Sorry. Will check tomorrow if you reply and let us know what happened after plugging it with wire to computer for iTunes.

Screenshot_20210106_232511.jpg

Screenshot_20210106_231845.jpg

Screenshot_20210106_231355.jpg

@LurganIeUk  Google. iPhone IMEI checker, Free iPhone checker, iPhone carrier lock checker. Things along those lines and a bunch of sites come up that provide different info. Was trying to find one site I used back in the day (that was great) that would give all info about the phone. Everything.  Carrier it was on or is locked to, status, blacklist or reported stolen etc, etc. But I guess that site disappeared. I don't have time tonight to go on GSM forums and research a better site to use so I simply rushed using Google. 🤷‍♂️

@Jb456 wrote:

@cristinjay  FYI. Click your avatar top right and select my profile. Scroll down to your pictures. The picture with your IMEI still shows there delete it.

Anyways I used it to check 3 sites. One said locked and two said it is unlocked.

Screenshot_20210106_225938.jpg

  

Screenshot_20210106_225747.jpg

Your phone is not blacklisted either (apparently if the site is reliable).

Screenshot_20210106_225235.jpg

Put Public mobile sim card in your phone. Plug the phone with the wire. Connect phone to a computer and then open up iTunes. 

See if it pushes the unlock finalization. Also do any other updates it requires while connected to iTunes.

Keep us Posted!

Would care to share those 3 sites?

@cristinjay  FYI. Click your avatar top right and select my profile. Scroll down to your pictures. The picture with your IMEI still shows there delete it.

Anyways I used it to check 3 sites. One said locked and two said it is unlocked.

Screenshot_20210106_225938.jpg

  

Screenshot_20210106_225747.jpg

Your phone is not blacklisted either (apparently if the site is reliable).

Screenshot_20210106_225235.jpg

Put Public mobile sim card in your phone. Plug the phone with the wire. Connect phone to a computer and then open up iTunes. 

See if it pushes the unlock finalization. Also do any other updates it requires while connected to iTunes.

Keep us Posted!

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@cristinjay wrote:

I got this message when trying to put the Public Mobile SIM in my iPhone 6S. I bought this phone off kijiji so I’m not sure if it’s locked or where it’s locked to, but when I look at my device settings - it says my network is Public Mobile,

edited by computergeek541: image removed

Check your IMEI number here. Once search has generated....scroll down to read all. 

https://imei24.com/check/iphone_lock_checker/

@cristinjay wrote:

It's locked. You'll have to ask the previous carrier to unlock it or pay a third party service. 

@cristinjay 

I have removed the screenshot in question from your message, but you'll still need to removed it from your Community profile.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@cristinjay , your phone is SIM locked and needs to be unlocked.  Please remove the screen cap showing your phone IMEI.  

Need Help? Let's chat.