cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to put Oneplus Phone on the IMEI blacklist?

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My Oneplus phone is lost today. 

Just switched the SIM card,  but want to add the phone on the national IMEI blacklist. Is it possible.

As the guy who picked up/stole the phone clearly want to have it,  by which the phone was powered off immediately and possibly get the SIM tossed away too. 

5 REPLIES 5

@hzmy wrote:

@GinYVR wrote:

@hzmyYou would have to contact the moderators. Only the telecom providers have the ability to add devices to the IMEI blacklist.

Expect to hear back from them up to 48 hours.

Do note, once you do that, it will be pretty hard to track down the device as it can no longer access data to tell you where it is.

I understand. 

But is it possible to remove it from the list when the phone is found, although I doubt highly it will ever come back again.. 

@hzmy Best to ask the moderator that question and see what they say. Please share the outcome if you do find out.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@hzmy wrote:

My Oneplus phone is lost today. 

Just switched the SIM card,  but want to add the phone on the national IMEI blacklist. Is it possible.

As the guy who picked up/stole the phone clearly want to have it,  by which the phone was powered off immediately and possibly get the SIM tossed away too. 

@hzmy Did you try to find your device?

https://support.google.com/android/answer/3265955?hl=en

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

@hzmyI don't think you can ever get it off.. even if you can, I would be cautious of using a phone that has been blacklisted before, just because there are a lot databases to sync, I don't like the possibility of using a device that could be disabled. The way I think about it is being put on the US no fly list.

hzmy
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@GinYVR wrote:

@hzmyYou would have to contact the moderators. Only the telecom providers have the ability to add devices to the IMEI blacklist.

Do note, once you do that, it will be pretty hard to track down the device as it can no longer access data to tell you where it is.

I understand. 

But is it possible to remove it from the list when the phone is found, although I doubt highly it will ever come back again.. 

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Need Help? Let's chat.