cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it normal a Mod take more than 3 hours to answer a problem?

michealrodrigue
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried ativated my SIM CARD with the 43$ Voucher, and something went wrong. Now my Status is Plan Expiredhttps://dltutuapp.com/ but my account balance is $43. I tought that solve this problem will be easy. I'm almost regretting my choice. I mean, I totaly understando the bug,m **bleep** happens, but wait more than 3 hours to solve this....(:https://9apps.ooo

10 REPLIES 10

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hey @michealrodrigue,

Welcome to our community!

I tried locating a private message but was unable to do so. Can you verify if it was successfully sent?

Thanks 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

Jarvar
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@jp2 Thanks for the heads up about that. I just wasn't sure if the first one went through to the moderator team because there was no special icon associated with their name at first.

I had such a good experience with another one of their moderators who I contacted on the weekend and received a response and resolution on Monday. It completely goes against the stories of some people waiting a few days to get a response. Unless it includes what was done after hours.

Anyways another member is contacting them and waiting for a response hopefully today. It's unfortunate about some of the other new members and their unsatisfactory initial experiences with Public Mobile. I hope they can get their issues resolved soon.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@michealrodrigue, unfortunately the normal expected response time from a MOD is 24-48 hours, but lately (i.e. the last 1-2 months), it's been closer to 72 hours due to promo deals, and technical issues.  If you get a response within 24 hours that's actually amazing these days.  I suspect though you'll be waiting at least 1-2 days. 

Guess that's one of the draw backs for not having a call centre, but then again in order to get lower prices and numerous credits available then I guess something has to give.  

jp2

@Jarvar wrote:

@vp6853 Just curious. How do you know about recent backlogs? Isn't Public Mobile and Koodo constantly running promotions? Or is there something recently that occured which is creating higher than normal volumes of people requiring service?

I am just trying to get familiar with Public Mobile and how to find out when something special is going on that I may be unaware about.

Thank you for your assistance. I find people on this forum have been very helpful.

We know about the backlog because so many users have been complaining about the 5+ day wait times they are experiencing. PM isn't always running promos and usually not this many at once. Plus they launched at Walmart and London drugs with more promos 

jp2

@michealrodrigue wrote:

I tried ativated my SIM CARD with the 43$ Voucher, and something went wrong. Now my Status is Plan Expired but my account balance is $43. I tought that solve this problem will be easy. I'm almost regretting my choice. I mean, I totaly understando the bug,m **bleep** happens, but wait more than 3 hours to solve this....(:

What is the cost of your plan?

jp2

@Jarvar wrote:

@michealrodrigue From my limited experience 3 hours would not be out of the question. It also depends when uou contacted them. For example I messaged them over the weekend and a person got back to me and resolved my issue by lunch time yesterday.

Another issue I messaged them on a new members behalf yesterday just after lunch and we’ve yet to hear back from them. I messaged them once more before going to just to make sure it went through. It was probably unexessary, but I am new to Public Mobile and am trying to figure things out as well. All I would say is try to wait patiently. I am trying to do that with my own request, but from reading the forums it seems to be normal to have to wait for the moderators to eventually get around to each inquiry.

I highly recommend not sending them more than one message because every new message you send to the mods puts all of your messages to the back of the queue. If you want to see if the message sent check your sent mail. 

PM tries to keep response times under 48 hours but it doesn't always happen.

Jarvar

@vp6853 Just curious. How do you know about recent backlogs? Isn't Public Mobile and Koodo constantly running promotions? Or is there something recently that occured which is creating higher than normal volumes of people requiring service?

I am just trying to get familiar with Public Mobile and how to find out when something special is going on that I may be unaware about.

Thank you for your assistance. I find people on this forum have been very helpful.

vp6853
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Sorry, I know it can be frustrating to not have a phone but 3 hours is not even close to out of the question.  Especially right now it seems they are backlogged.

Is there an option in your account to use your balance to activate your plan again?  I seem to recall there being an option in my account some time back.

Jarvar

@michealrodrigue From my limited experience 3 hours would not be out of the question. It also depends when uou contacted them. For example I messaged them over the weekend and a person got back to me and resolved my issue by lunch time yesterday.

Another issue I messaged them on a new members behalf yesterday just after lunch and we’ve yet to hear back from them. I messaged them once more before going to just to make sure it went through. It was probably unexessary, but I am new to Public Mobile and am trying to figure things out as well. All I would say is try to wait patiently. I am trying to do that with my own request, but from reading the forums it seems to be normal to have to wait for the moderators to eventually get around to each inquiry.

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@michealrodrigue Oh yes,3 hours is really normal,there have other things to do,there are not stand by waiting to answer you,as you know PM is base on community service,no call center but huge savings here at PM,I am sure you will ❤️ PM,be patient

Need Help? Let's chat.